MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lyricalgenius81 Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:41 pm
Hi ,

I recently bought Cubase 9.5 as I was a bit disappointed that the mpc 2.x software has not implemented plugin delay compensation. I’ve been trying to get to grips with using the mpc 2.x software as a vst plugin in cubase.

I manage to get my beats and tracks to patch through perfectly fine but I cannot for some reason use the sampler while in vst mode.

My setup uses a UAD Apollo twin interface and if I close down cubase and open mpc 2.x I can sample perfectly well. When in Cubase using mpc through vst the audio in is not showing on the sampler meter I.e no audio coming into it.

Is there any body out there using cubase and mpc x who has this working ?
By Lyricalgenius81 Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:23 pm
Yeh same version of cubase.

I mean the sampler in the mpc x. Sampling some audio then stretching/editing and mapping to pads to play in songs but it’s a proper ball ache that i can’t use it without using mpc in the mpc 2.x software as I want to learn to compose the song in cubase and not have to go back and forth closing software down etc
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:21 pm
Lyricalgenius81 wrote:Yeh same version of cubase.

I mean the sampler in the mpc x. Sampling some audio then stretching/editing and mapping to pads to play in songs but it’s a proper ball ache that i can’t use it without using mpc in the mpc 2.x software as I want to learn to compose the song in cubase and not have to go back and forth closing software down etc

From what I know, the MPC X can only sample in controller mode while using the MPC Software 2.0. It's by design you can't use it that way. Because if you could, there would be no use for Akai to develop the Software. So you have to use the MPC Software as a VST inside of cubase.
By Lyricalgenius81 Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:52 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Lyricalgenius81 wrote:Yeh same version of cubase.

From what I know, the MPC X can only sample in controller mode while using the MPC Software 2.0. It's by design you can't use it that way. Because if you could, there would be no use for Akai to develop the Software. So you have to use the MPC Software as a VST inside of cubase.

Yes but that’s what I mean I am in controller mode and I am using it as a vst instrument within cubase but the audio input into my Apollo is not coming into the sampler. However if I shut cubase down and open just the mpc 2.x the sampler works just fine, with audio going through the Apollo. It must have something to do with cubase being master and not sure if there is a way to get round this but it’s mad if there isn’t . I’ve tried unplugging my line in to the mpc x directly instead of Apollo twin but no joy.
By vwkountz Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:10 pm
It's a great question and I wished Akai would add some documentation on this. I currently own Presous Studio One and you cannot use the MPC sampler in VST mode an expensive lesson when the Ren 1.0 arrived. I found Ableton and Logic Pro will allow you to sample in VST mode. The work around I use for Studio One is to sample on audio track. Then grab the sample from the auto save project folder or you can export out the sample as a stem. Then bring it into your MPC as a sample file. it's extra steps, but not all DAWs have certain routing options that allow it work.