MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Caustic Yoda Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:23 am
Seems like a dumb question, i can clear pads just fine but how do i clear the sample pool? browser sample assign window, samples stay loaded
By Moho Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:15 pm
Just hit purge all samples
By Caustic Yoda Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:43 pm
cheers, that works also deleting the sample in the sample edit view, kinda wierd it cant be done from the browser assign samples page with shift etc no options
By Aeon Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:49 am
BUMP!

I have also come across this ...
I have purged but my sample pool is still full....
How to rid me of said foul beasts?
By D. M. Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:34 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:purge only removes any samples not assigned to a program. You'll have to manually delete any unwanted programs first, then purge to remove its samples.

Thanks, but how do you remove a program? It just lingers in memory, I’m even if it’s not used in any track, purge or no purge…
By Lampdog Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:40 pm
Main menu, program area (bottom), pencil icon.

Read the Manual.
By D. M. Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:59 pm
Hi. Thanks for the tip. The Akai manual doesn’t seem to make reference to how to delete programs from a project to release system memory.
Deleting the program from a track doesn’t seem to delete the program and respective wave files, etc from the project file. They are still resident in memory, even after a purge.

See pic below of the project hidden folder with all the wav still loaded after I’ve deleted the program from the track and performed a purge.

Thanks.

[quote][/quote]
By Elijah Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:15 pm
Even if you delete the program and purge the samples, the wav files will remain in the project folder on the drive. (These are not on memory, just on the drive)

Try using the "Save As" function.
By DeaDeus Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:01 pm
Elijah wrote:Even if you delete the program and purge the samples, the wav files will remain in the project folder on the drive. (These are not on memory, just on the drive)

Try using the "Save As" function.

This is an error of AKAI, they do not have a proper file management in place.
Read this:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=214929#p1856537