MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cloud777 Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:33 pm
Im having issues with the update firmware 2.2.2.1 when ever i have a usb stick connectedto the mpc X it takes 4 minutes to boot up, without the usb stick connected it takes 15 secs to boot up.
Some people dont have this issue i wonder whats different about our mpc x
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:42 pm
Could be slightly different hardware specs (e.g. different internal SD card, different USB hub, SATA hub etc). I've seen mention of early release units being affected, but I thought this was something that this firmware update was supposed to actually fix. The problem is Akai are suddenly not releasing any detailed info on what specific issues these firmware updates are actually addressing.
By zangetsu01 Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:48 pm
cloud777 wrote:Im having issues with the update firmware 2.2.2.1 when ever i have a usb stick connectedto the mpc X it takes 4 minutes to boot up, without the usb stick connected it takes 15 secs to boot up.

Have you tried other USB sticks?
By cloud777 Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:03 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
cloud777 wrote:Im having issues with the update firmware 2.2.2.1 when ever i have a usb stick connectedto the mpc X it takes 4 minutes to boot up, without the usb stick connected it takes 15 secs to boot up.

Have you tried other USB sticks?

Yes i tried 3 usb sticks and formatted
By cloud777 Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Could be slightly different hardware specs (e.g. different internal SD card, different USB hub, SATA hub etc). I've seen mention of early release units being affected, but I thought this was something that this firmware update was supposed to actually fix. The problem is Akai are suddenly not releasing any detailed info on what specific issues these firmware updates are actually addressing.

True no information
By Danoc Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:13 pm
l said before leave that new firmware alone revert back to 2.2.1. If they don't have the same firmware for both software and hardware don't mess with it.
By cloud777 Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:41 pm
Danoc wrote:l said before leave that new firmware alone revert back to 2.2.1. If they don't have the same firmware for both software and hardware don't mess with it.

That is a temporary fix.  The unit would still need to come in, akai rep said.

By SupremeSoulstice Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:47 pm
As much as I’ve had an itch to upgrade this firmware I keep hearing Danoc’s advise he been giving for the last week and a half. Gonna wait till 2.3 software come around. I’d advise those who haven’t already updated their firmware to do the same.
By Danoc Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:53 am
That's for those who wanna take a dangerous leap.

cloud777 wrote:
Danoc wrote:l said before leave that new firmware alone revert back to 2.2.1. If they don't have the same firmware for both software and hardware don't mess with it.

That is a temporary fix.  The unit would still need to come in, akai rep said.

By Synthsation Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:43 pm
Oh, that‘s hard. Sometimes I thought, they won‘t have your MPC for repair it. Maybe they would like to have a look in to it, because they don‘t know, what‘s going up in the machine after this updates. Now they know (I hope so) - we all hope for a new petfect update... :?
By cloud777 Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:05 pm
Synthsation wrote:Oh, that‘s hard. Sometimes I thought, they won‘t have your MPC for repair it. Maybe they would like to have a look in to it, because they don‘t know, what‘s going up in the machine after this updates. Now they know (I hope so) - we all hope for a new petfect update... :?

It definitely feels like that, isnt anyone having this issue??????