MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By vwkountz Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:47 am
vwkountz wrote:Excellent news renaming the folder to "old progression" connecting the SSD drive to my computer then reconnecting to the Live . It boots up fine, but I did notice the factory pprogressions a re not showing (ie House 1 and so on. :WTF: Thank you for the 15 second tip because this is the first issue since getting the Live in Beta.

I used the "reset" under > menu > legal and the progressions came back 8) . Backup first just in case because I did have any projects saved in standalone to loss.
By found Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:39 pm
[quote="cloud777"]Ok update i just got my mpc x back from repair and it still has the same issue :([/quot] Any updates on your situation? what was their reaction when you told them that it still had the same issue???? (If you did that is and didn't throw the thing out the window :D )
By found Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:05 pm
[quote="cloud777"]Ok update i just got my mpc x back from repair and it still has the same issue :([/quot]

Any updates on your situation? what was their reaction when you told them that it still had the same issue???? (If you did that is and didn't throw the thing out the window :D )

EDIT: I was searching online for this issue -+some glitching- as I got the same problem on my LIVE (2m 20s bootup time with a 8gb flash drive on exFAT) and I came across this:

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... ot-up-time

Nick D (Employee) 1 month ago
Hey everybody,

I'm sorry if you're still having some difficulty with your MPCs! The Akai development team is aware of this behavior and is investigating what might be going on. I want to make it clear that this is not a hardware issue with the MPC X and Live and a limited number of users are experiencing this behavior. If an update or any new information becomes available, I will be updating the community accordingly. Thank you!

It seem like cloud777 contacted some dimwits who don't know much else than to give out a canned response of "send it in for repair". Evidently so, because he got back his X after the so called "repair" with the same issue. I think Nick D is a bit of a trusted source on this and I do hope that it's only a software issue

Hope AKAI be a respectable company and clean up their shit software... best case scenario is this is taking a long ass time because there's just too much of it.
By Transmisser Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:25 pm
cloud777 wrote:
Hope AKAI be a respectable company and clean up their **** software... best case scenario is this is taking a long ass time because there's just too much of it.

Yeah, it's BS. The start up issue is intermittent with me - sometimes it takes up to 3 minutes and other times it's no longer than 20 seconds.
By cloud777 Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:16 pm
found wrote:
cloud777 wrote:I did ask them what they did for the repair and they said they replaced the motherboard and added a heat sink

how is it now?? are u still using it??

It still has the same issue, nothing changed