MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By eclipxe Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:18 pm
Yes - I'm having this issue - I narrowed it down to my SSD. With it installed, startup takes forever, with it not installed it boots lightning fast.

It wasn't always like this - it started after I added 300+ Masada progressions. Trying to remove these tonight and will report back.
By SupremeSoulstice Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:59 pm
I had this issue too.. moved all my large libraries to an external hard drive and boot up with out it connected. Once it’s on I then plug in my external drive. Boots up instantly that way. Seems the more files you have in it, or if your your external is hooked up while booting, the longer it takes.
By Transmisser Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:30 am
I haven't had any issues with my X yet, but I bought it new a little over a week ago. The first day I updated to 2.2.2.1 and installed an SSD (Sandisk 1TB, ExFAT, internally). I've loaded a few gigs of samples on the Sandisk too. My boot time averages between 15-18 seconds, but I did have one day where it just stayed on the MPC screen when turning on. I tapped the screen a few times and that got it out of whatever it was doing. Hasn't happened since.

The only other thing I've noticed is when I open a blank project, go to browse > places, It takes 3 taps to get it to go to my Sandisk SSD. If I just wait a few seconds it will go there with the first tap, but it looks like it takes it a second to register the tap. After that first time, it doesn't do that.

Hope I'm one of the lucky ones with the 2.2.2.1 update. Sorry to hear about your issues! I really like the X, but I hope 2.3 is close - I just found out about that 16 bit bug. Akai has a ton of garbage cleaning to do.
By sinik Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:52 am
SupremeSoulstice wrote:I had this issue too.. moved all my large libraries to an external hard drive and boot up with out it connected. Once it’s on I then plug in my external drive. Boots up instantly that way. Seems the more files you have in it, or if your your external is hooked up while booting, the longer it takes.

i also took out my ssd > formatted it with exfat > reinstalled the OS on my mpc > reinstalled the formatted ssd, but it just don't help.

i can confirm too that all the problems started to happen when i installed "the repository kit" with some large amount of progressions besides.

let's hope they fix that in the next update. they should be aware by now!
By SupremeSoulstice Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:41 pm
sinik wrote:
SupremeSoulstice wrote:I had this issue too.. moved all my large libraries to an external hard drive and boot up with out it connected. Once it’s on I then plug in my external drive. Boots up instantly that way. Seems the more files you have in it, or if your your external is hooked up while booting, the longer it takes.

i also took out my ssd > formatted it with exfat > reinstalled the OS on my mpc > reinstalled the formatted ssd, but it just don't help.

i can confirm too that all the problems started to happen when i installed "the repository kit" with some large amount of progressions besides.

let's hope they fix that in the next update. they should be aware by now!

Hmm I have the repository as well. Have you tried moving your larger libraries to an external? The key is to not have any external peripherals plugged in while starting up. I don’t know man..
By vwkountz Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:33 pm
Hoping Akai is listening because my Live is in a reboot loop. In standalone it gets to the select project screen > I can't select any projects (touch screen not responsive) > the screen goes black > the MPC screen comes up again > the loop continues. I did just recently load some chord progressions to my SSD and thanks to this post I disconnected the SSD while it was powered on and in reboot looping. Then once the SSD was disconnected I was able to select a project and work fine. Later this evening I will rename the Progression folder on the SSD to see what happens.

P.s. how do you do a hard reboot on the Live with battery because I disconnected the SSD with the power on which I wouldn't normally do?
By vwkountz Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:17 am
Excellent news renaming the folder to "old progression" connecting the SSD drive to my computer then reconnecting to the Live . It boots up fine, but I did notice the factory pprogressions a re not showing (ie House 1 and so on. :WTF: Thank you for the 15 second tip because this is the first issue since getting the Live in Beta.
By mr_debauch Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:43 am
SupremeSoulstice wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:progressions is what? a sound pack or something?

Custom key progressions made for keygroups.

OK right. I have only been really using the live the basic way I use other old school models (except with internal storage and fx) ... not really loading entire keygroup stuff into ram as an instrument. I tend to only load what I am using in the song and I delete the rest.... old habbits I guess.