MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ghass714 Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:41 pm
MPC Software Version 2.2.1
MPC Firmware 2.2.2.1 (v1.11)
Logic Pro X Version 10.4.1

My MPC Live Pads are not Recording / Writing MIDI notes in the MPC 2.0 Software sequencer when being used as a Plug-In with Logic Pro X. I am able to write the MIDI Notes in the MPC sequencer using the Pencil, but not with the Drum Pads itself.

When the pads are pressed on the MPC Live, both the Key Bed and Drum Pad are activated in MPC 2.0 software. But when I hit record and start tapping on the drum pads, the drum pad notes don't record in the sequencer.

Keep in mind, when the MPC Live is in controller mode and NOT being used as a AU Plugin with Logic Pro X, I'm able to record drum pad notes in the MPC Software sequencer with no problems at all.

All settings in Logic X and the MPC Live are all set to Default.
I'm assuming its a Logic Pro X problem and not a MPC Problem.

However, I don't know where to look under the hood, so what menu settings needs to be activated to get the drum pads recording notes?
By Rulmuld Mon May 18, 2020 4:38 pm
Hi.
Did you solve the problem?
I have the same issue.When in controller mode (logic plugin), I can't enable the pads for recording. Everything else works fine. I can play and record synths, using a midi keyboard. But when I use the pads for beats, I can see the data is working and I can hear the sounds, but it won't record. I ended up playing the beats on the midi keyboard.
By otoc Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:14 pm
+3 Anyone find a solution to this?

Same situation. Running MPC as a plugin in Logic. I can select (within MPC) tracks, instruments, etc. - and play them on the pads. Then I go to record to record into the MPC plugin, and it doesn't record. It even tracks the notes when viewing it in Piano Roll (you can see the piano keys light up) but it won't record.
By chicagoindustrial Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:46 pm
Experiencing same issue in stand alone mode. On an existing project. Copied the project, same thing. Occurs on all tracks. Nothing is muted. Pads play. Record light is on. Doesn't matter if it is in overdub or not. Step sequencer works. Very odd. After i installed the latest software, things were fine for about a month. Also, not out of memory.