MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By saltmcgault Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:49 pm
Danoc wrote:Heard of them but never got their stuff.

saltmcgault wrote:Have any of you guys checked out any of GOODHERTZ plug-ins?

They have a vulf compressor plug-in thats pretty dope..its worth checking out.
By Danoc Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:31 pm
I have like the dopest compressors coming off the SSL 4000 E-Channel and SSL 9000 K. For me no need to mess with it cause my next step is the Brainworx SSL 4000 E Channel.
Might be good for someone who has no compressor.
It's. $149.
Seems cool too.

I heard of the Farraday limiter ($95 bucks). Know a guy that has that. I have a badass limiter though that l go to when mastering my tracks in Studio One. Mines came free with S1. I get the warmth from directly my stereo buss in S1 from the Console Shaper that is highly emulated from the SSL console.

saltmcgault wrote:
They have a vulf compressor plug-in thats pretty dope..its worth checking out.
By John Vandenberghe Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Danoc wrote:I'm working on a project this morn. Peace to everyone.

I must give Behringer their due props on the XT1 :worthy:

If anyone us intetested in this check it out. I should have my video out tomorrow.
I've had it a few days now and I'M NOT SENDING IT BACK!!!

I haven't read the manual because l'm so use to controllers that l can basically figure it out.
At fist l had a lil difficulty getting it to respond to Reason, it's not like Alphatrack where it automatically comes on and calibrate all my movements in Reason. But this was MY fault.
I fitrst have to always hit the STOP button and ptess down the ENCODER knob at the same time and l will come tothe MACKIE STANDARD which is best for Reason 10 and being Rrason doesn't have HUI l use Mackie instead.
Once l do that while Reason is OPEN l push down on the encoder knob twice and bam, it vwent into Reason flawlessly.
So if anyone get it and it doesnt go through just remember these steps, its not broken.

As you can see in the pic the levels are working next to the fader which is sweet. L don't have to switch to my mixer to dee levels while in the time line window.

I setup the click and solo as my pre-count and metronome.

Solo and mute works as well as jumping from 8 channel banks and individual channels.

I am loving that scrub wheel also.
Working faster witnh it and loving the flow of it.

Looks cool.
How’s it working with studio one?
By Danoc Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:56 pm
I haven't used it with S1v3 yet. But its made to work with S1v3 more than Reason. It came with a Template Overlay for S1v3. I saw a few vids on it. A few buttons you may have to setup but it really wirks well with S1. When l finish setting up Reason with it lma head over to S1v3 and set it up.

What l really wanna see if it works with the Akai software. If it does, lm getting another one just for travel. :)

John Vandenberghe wrote:
Looks cool.
By Danoc Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:45 am
Watup John? So l used the XT1 with S1v3
And it works great with it. There's a few buttons that's not attached but you can assign quickly cause its not that many to asign. I used the Mackie mode and it worked.

John Vandenberghe wrote:
Looks cool.
By John Vandenberghe Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:31 am
Danoc wrote:Watup John? So l used the XT1 with S1v3
And it works great with it. There's a few buttons that's not attached but you can assign quickly cause its not that many to asign. I used the Mackie mode and it worked.

John Vandenberghe wrote:
Looks cool.

Nice, thanks for getting back to me!
You might have just saved me a few bucks.
By Danoc Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:27 am
Yes sir!

John Vandenberghe wrote:
By Cockdiesel Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:29 pm
Just found an akai 4000ds in a dumpster, it works but needs some cleaning up.

Another guy I talked to is going to sell me his rackmount gear for 100 bucks. Compressors, crossovers, tc electronic signal processor, and speaker management system.

Thanks hurricane Florence
By saltmcgault Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:56 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Just found an akai 4000ds in a dumpster, it works but needs some cleaning up.

Another guy I talked to is going to sell me his rackmount gear for 100 bucks. Compressors, crossovers, tc electronic signal processor, and speaker management system.

Thanks hurricane Florence

mpc4000? Where the hell are you dumpster diving at? :lol:
By John Vandenberghe Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:20 am
Danoc wrote:Yes sir!

John Vandenberghe wrote:

Just saw it has a USB hub in the back too, that’s key for me.
Def getting this over the Faderport.