MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JeanPS71 Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:50 pm
Hi quiet reader here with a problem looking for help.

I searched the web but can't seem to find an answer.

I'm looking for the best way to use reason as a sound module for the MPCx and mpc software.
I wanna keep using the MPC software, and I don't want to learn the reason daw, just use the synths.

I've managed to send midi from the MPC to reason, but I have a hard time getting the audio form reason into the MPC. So I can hear reason be played by the MPC, but now I wan to record that audio into the MPC.....is this possible without rewire?

I've tried using the MPC software inside reason, but that's too confusing for me.

I also can't sync reason to midi clock form the MPC.
By John Vandenberghe Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:02 pm
I use reason with my mpc live.
I have my USB keyboard plugged into the live and set the midi channel I need in my midi track in the mpc. Then in Reason I set the midi channel at the top of the rack for each instrument to correspond to the midi channel in the mpc.

Now, I then set the output of each mixer channel for each instrument and whatever insert effects I use to separate virtual outs of reason, into the mixer software of my audio interface. This is the bit that might not work for you if you don’t have an interface that allows this.

I don’t use the mpc software at all tho, but from here I can then sample the reason loops that are sequenced by my mpc if I want. Or not.

Maybe you can rewire reason into mpc software? Or skip the mpc software and rewire the reason synths into a DAW.

For sync just go to the reason preferences and set it to external sync, that should do it.
By JeanPS71 Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:23 pm
mpc software doesn't allow rewire.
And the mpc x is used as my main soundcard.....so your solution doesn't work for me unfortunatly.
By kaydigi Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:30 am
JeanPS71 wrote:mpc software doesn't allow rewire.
And the mpc x is used as my main soundcard.....so your solution doesn't work for me unfortunatly.

You can use virtual midi cables and virtual audio cables. This way you can open both programs in standalone and route the audio of reason to the mpc software.

There is also

http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0115

I’ve used it in the mpc software when 2.0 first dropped, was pretty solid and straight forward.
By John Vandenberghe Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:30 pm
kaydigi wrote:
JeanPS71 wrote:mpc software doesn't allow rewire.

You can use virtual midi cables and virtual audio cables. This way you can open both programs in standalone and route the audio of reason to the mpc software.

There is also

http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0115

I’ve used it in the mpc software when 2.0 first dropped, was pretty solid and straight forward.

That’s pretty cool!
By JeanPS71 Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 am
I tried the virtual cables, but since the MPC x is my main hub and soundcard, I can't route back the audio into the MPC. Or am I missing something?

I might as well sell reason.....I just wish the instruments where available as VST's
By John Vandenberghe Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 pm
JeanPS71 wrote:I tried the virtual cables, but since the MPC x is my main hub and soundcard, I can't route back the audio into the MPC. Or am I missing something?

I might as well sell reason.....I just wish the instruments where available as VST's

Meh, get komplete, way better anyway!
By 40Beatz Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:51 pm
Get a Separate Audio Interface. Then u can run a set of Audio Outs from the Interface to your MPC. I have the Akai EIE Pro. Most Interfaces do the same thing