MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 7 hz Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:03 pm
Cheers mate!

Yeh those sliding rack drawrs are cool, but I was thinking more about mounting it flush with the rack. My rack units are those 'mixer' type:

http://www.boschmacases.com/html/boschmamusic.html

I think the MPC Live is about 5U, so I guess I'll need some kind of rack tray to hold it, then figure out how to secure it there.

It's a shame they didn't consider this when they designed the thing, it is the right width. The top and side panels are plastic, right? Not good for attaching rack ears directly.

This is the closest thing I could find, but it is 6U so too much:

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Li ... nt-Kit/SB1

I guess I'll just have to look for rack ears then bolt on a custom made tray, or even just make a custom tray. It's only a sheet of metal with 4 bends and 4 holes it it.
By Crumb$ Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:22 pm
7 hz wrote:
It's a shame they didn't consider this when they designed the thing, it is the right width.

I never really thought of the Live as a rack mountable piece of kit. Sat on a 1U tray at the top of the rack, yeah... or on a slide-out tray as suggested. But how are you going to use it if it's mounted vertically on the front of the rack? ...if thats what you meant. Seems like it would be a bit awkward.

Thomann do a good selection of rack mounts. not sure they've got what you need though.
By 7 hz Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:32 am
Crumb$ wrote:I never really thought of the Live as a rack mountable piece of kit. Sat on a 1U tray at the top of the rack, yeah... or on a slide-out tray as suggested. But how are you going to use it if it's mounted vertically on the front of the rack? ...if thats what you meant. Seems like it would be a bit awkward.

Thomann do a good selection of rack mounts. not sure they've got what you need though.

Cheers man. I plan to ad it to the top of the rack, so it is facing upwards:

Top front, going to be fully accessible. An MKS80 in the bottom, plus the MVP 80 controller on the top about the Live, Full sampler and sequencer and 8 voice vintage Rolnd polly all in one bov, with EDAC connecters out back to the mix rack,,,, it;ll be sweet :-)

2U room for 1 more thing... too temptimg.... Micrwave 1?!?!
By Ultros Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:44 pm
Do you fellas think there is much demand for rack mounts for mpc live / mpc one? I know a dude with a metal working shop and plasma c&c cutter for sheet metal, i could have a pile of these made. I asked onced last year and it seemed like there was little interest.. makes sense to me though, i like stuff tidy and safe.
By EnochLight Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:37 pm
Ultros wrote:Do you fellas think there is much demand for rack mounts for mpc live / mpc one?

Personally, no. Not really. In the several years that I've been a member in this forum, and reading though the literal 8 million page thread at Gearslutz since the MPC Live first launched, there was very little to no demand at all.
By Ultros Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:16 am
LOL the MPC-X is the furthest item from rack mountable... rack stuff is 19inch wide...

I dont know about you folks but this looks pretty attractive to me...

NOT MY IMAGE (FROM GOOGLE)

Slap all my modules into the rack have it all self contained.. just because it sits in a rack bracket doesnt mean you cant pop it out to take it places. Dont bolt it in and just install some keepers to hold it in place. I'd never screw into the ABS matetial

*edit* his use of cheapy cables however is NOT attractive.
By SuperKonquer Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:48 am
Ultros wrote:LOL the MPC-X is the furthest item from rack mountable... rack stuff is 19inch wide...

I dont know about you folks but this looks pretty attractive to me...

NOT MY IMAGE (FROM GOOGLE)

Slap all my modules into the rack have it all self contained.. just because it sits in a rack bracket doesnt mean you cant pop it out to take it places. Dont bolt it in and just install some keepers to hold it in place. I'd never screw into the ABS matetial

*edit* his use of cheapy cables however is NOT attractive.

I actually have that same mixer stand and I mounted the Mpc X to the top. I used a board bolted to the stand through the rail holes and just used longer screws for the original screw holes in the bottom of the MPCX. Its nice and solid and I can adjust the angle freely. I also put some brackets and a shelf on the front large enough for a 32 key midi controller.