MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:58 pm
My Live arrived and is waiting for me to get home. Help me pass the red tape and onto those pads. Of course I'll register the Live on the Akai Pro site as it's a new instrument. However...

Does the Live come with anything the Touch didn't? Will I need to install or download anything if I captured all the plugins, samples & packs during my Touch registration?

And what is the latest, safest version of MPC? I've seen complaints regarding 2.2.2.1. Is it worth doing an uninstall & reinstall?
By Bezo Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:58 pm
Thanks! That makes sense with the displays using different tech and all. I think I'm going to uninstall my current version of MPC software and start at least that from scratch.
By kaydigi Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:05 pm
Just doing a quick comparison between the Touch and Live software on my account.

The Live has and the Touch doesn't:

The Vault 2.0
MPC 2.0 Clip Launch Pack
Essential Instruments 2
MPC 2.0 Demo Projects
MPC 2.0 Deep House
MPC 2.0 Drum N Bass
MPC 2.0 EDM & Future House
MPC 2.0 Tech House
MPC 2.0 Techno
Session Drums
The Noise
The Wub
Hybrid 3 Standalone Installer
AIR FX Collection (dope stuff)
Firmware 2.2.2.1 for the Live

The Silver Studio on my Account has these and they aren't listed under the Touch or Live.
Trap Drums Expansion Pack
Deep House Drums Expansion Pack
MPC Content - Drum Library

Bezo wrote:Thanks! That makes sense with the displays using different tech and all. I think I'm going to uninstall my current version of MPC software and start at least that from scratch.

You don't need to uninstall it, go ahead and install the live's drivers though.
By Danoc Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:52 am
When you install the live chose "MPC Live" icon tab and nothing else. This will give you the 2.0 software and the druvers for the live only.

You have to down load Air instruments and effects for the software on your computer if you want them.

Cobgrata
By Bezo Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:07 pm
I held of last night in part to wait for suggestions. Thank you all.

kaydigi wrote:Just doing a quick comparison between the Touch and Live software on my account.

The Live has and the Touch doesn't:

The Vault 2.0
MPC 2.0 Clip Launch Pack
Essential Instruments 2
MPC 2.0 Demo Projects
MPC 2.0 Deep House
MPC 2.0 Drum N Bass
MPC 2.0 EDM & Future House
MPC 2.0 Tech House
MPC 2.0 Techno
Session Drums
The Noise
The Wub
Hybrid 3 Standalone Installer
AIR FX Collection (dope stuff)
Firmware 2.2.2.1 for the Live

The Silver Studio on my Account has these and they aren't listed under the Touch or Live.
Trap Drums Expansion Pack
Deep House Drums Expansion Pack
MPC Content - Drum Library
Sweet, this is what I needed!

OK, so from the Touch, I have The Vault and Essential Instruments, but not '2'. Cool. I have EDM & Future House, wondering if that was added between our Touch acquisitions. Everything else is clearly different.

kaydigi wrote:You don't need to uninstall it, go ahead and install the live's drivers though.
Danoc wrote:When you install the live chose "MPC Live" icon tab and nothing else. This will give you the 2.0 software and the druvers for the live only.

You have to down load Air instruments and effects for the software on your computer if you want them.

Cobgrata
Cool. Any way to uninstall the Touch display drivers only? I like keeping things clean when possible.

I have the Air instruments from the Touch but not the FX Collection. I'll be sure to download those.

Thanks again!
By Bezo Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 pm
Danoc wrote:You can uninstall the drivers if you like or not. 2.0 software should overwrite the touch. I never had a touch though.
Peace
Unless they were overwritten, I left them. All went well. Got a couple of tracks started on the Live and I'm digging it. Haven't done anything Yet I couldn't have done on the Touch, but a working unit and peace of mind feels good.
By Danoc Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:26 pm
Yo Bezo l'm happy for you bro! I love my live using it a sweet experience plus FUN! I'm use to setting up my drums on the 16 pads and going to work.

I had a dope experince yesterday. I was asked to come to a studio to do some co-drum programming. The main guy had no drum sounds and usually l carry a USB stick full of drums. So the female RNB singer and her management wete like WTF nobody has drums?
I'm just smiling :-) wait for it......

I have my MPC with a vault full of sounds l aint even worried at this point.

So l get plug up the MPC so l told her l had a massive amount of drums to give me 10 minutes. On the kicks l beefed up my kicks and layered some claps, snaps and snares to have a good variety.

So l started hitting on the pads she was supa happpy. I was scared but that mpc held me down. She started singing and ballad came to mind. The drum pattern came out sweet and her management asked can l now do 2 tracks and not just drum programming. The person who hooked me up was smiling.

Long story short the MPC live saved my ass and put me in a position to do more projects. Ill let yah hear a sample when done.

Bezo wrote:
Danoc wrote:You can uninstall the drivers if you like or not. 2.0 software should overwrite the touch. I never had a touch though.
Peace
Unless they were overwritten, I left them. All went well. Got a couple of tracks started on the Live and I'm digging it. Haven't done anything Yet I couldn't have done on the Touch, but a working unit and peace of mind feels good.
By Bezo Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 pm
Danoc wrote:Yo Bezo l'm happy for you bro! I love my live using it a sweet experience plus FUN! I'm use to setting up my drums on the 16 pads and going to work.

I had a dope experince yesterday. I was asked to come to a studio to do some co-drum programming. The main guy had no drum sounds and usually l carry a USB stick full of drums. So the female RNB singer and her management wete like WTF nobody has drums?
I'm just smiling :-) wait for it......

I have my MPC with a vault full of sounds l aint even worried at this point.

So l get plug up the MPC so l told her l had a massive amount of drums to give me 10 minutes. On the kicks l beefed up my kicks and layered some claps, snaps and snares to have a good variety.

So l started hitting on the pads she was supa happpy. I was scared but that mpc held me down. She started singing and ballad came to mind. The drum pattern came out sweet and her management asked can l now do 2 tracks and not just drum programming. The person who hooked me up was smiling.

Long story short the MPC live saved my ass and put me in a position to do more projects. Ill let yah hear a sample when done.
Sweet! Some call it luck, but that's about being prepared when opportunity knocks. Congrats on that!

Inspiring. I'll be back on the pads tonight.
By Danoc Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:40 pm
I don't believe in Luck, no such thing, I know of Blessings and being blessed to have the talent, luck can't give talent, it takes hard work and practice plus dedication.
Thanks.

Bezo wrote:
Sweet! Some call it luck, but that's about being prepared when opportunity knocks. Congrats on that!

Inspiring. I'll be back on the pads tonight.