MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:11 pm
dryad-66 wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Personally, I've never seen a real drum kit, with a Portamento glide/slide effect. :lol:

never seen an acoustic 808 kit either :Sigh:

Get an Acoustic Drum Triggers and Sound module or close mic a kick drum, run the mic into a compressor/limiter for punch, an eq with the highs end cut, and a reverb effect. You can do this via Plug in or external rack mount gear. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Schmidi Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:11 pm
Probably guessed this, but you could hook up to the software, load a vst with portamento, record your pattern, then turn it into a warped sample/clip/audio track and jam that in stand alone.

I think portamento in stand alone would be cool too btw.
By SuperKonquer Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:02 pm
Keygroups without legato/portamento is severly lacking. Whats the point of autosampling synth hardware/plug ins if you can't actually play it similar to that hardware/plug in? It's the most frustrating thing about converting other libraries/plug ins to keygroups.
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:27 am
bredal187 wrote:For real? Can I not add portamento to an instrument? :Sigh:

Yeah that is crazy to not have portamento on a professional sampler.
By Cockdiesel Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:49 am
its coming. if they can introduce envelope followers, they can do portamento.
By dryad-66 Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:06 am
The FREE LFO box is in place in the SW just does nothing yet so.........Hopefully portamento Too.Its a pretty static sounding sampler so need these features.They should be studying Elektron...
By 40Beatz Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:13 pm
My Man Fickus Beats on YouTube gives a Good Workaround for doing Bass Glides. Somewhat of a Portamento Effect

By biomaskin Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:13 am
Glide/portamento settings are a fundamental aspect of sound design with samples; a simple example being the 808 slides in drill music which is becoming very popular. Before that we had 808 slides in trap. Before that we had techno people sliding their 303 bass leads and 909 rides/hihats - both on the actual hardware, but also in DAWs or samplers as well. Also; UK garage, drum & bass - portamento glides on snares, breaks, vocals: you name it.

If I worked at AKAI and was a part of the dev team for the new MPC series I would yell about this loudly while shaking my fist; for real. I can't believe it's that hard to implement or too expensive in any way.
By Tabletop Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:55 am
biomaskin wrote:I can't believe it's that hard to implement or too expensive in any way.

Agree, I remember seeing it a lot on user request lists a few years back.
Hopefully it will be fulfilled by 3.0...
By Predator Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:33 pm
Using portamento on (resampled) basslines with legato can be very sick, I really hope they add this function in the next update cause it's one of the things I really miss on the MPC One (next to more flexible and snappy envelopes & various loop methods <---> :worthy: )