MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:11 am
dryad-66 wrote:I don't think the 5000 has it either.

No it doesn't. None of the MPCs has portamento/Legoto nor Glide.

Now the software is a different story.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:51 am
This was suppose to say MPC 2500 not 5000.
CharlesRandolph wrote:The last MPC that had Portamento was the MPC 5000. Since the X/Live are based off of the Ren/Touch with the same software. It has not been implemented. People have been requesting this feature since it came out, perhaps they add the feature.

MPC 4000 has portamento and MPC 1000 and 2500 with JJOS has it :nod:
By Danoc Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:11 am
Charles where's the knob on the 4000 and 1000 that says portamento? JJOS is optional its not the original part of the MPCs
By Cockdiesel Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:28 am
Maybe portemento is better served on a analog synth...
I agree the live features for keygroup sampling are lacking but I don’t see much use for portemento unless it’s 303 baselines or g thang leads ...

I see where your coming from, would be Nice for more rebust sampling. However it’s not a sound design tool rather a writing tool.
Try your keygroups on a toriaz. This is better left for vst imo.
By bredal187 Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:56 am
Danoc wrote::hmmm: lm confused at your want. Are you trying to bend drums or bass in standalone? What does the portamento do?

bredal187 wrote:

Hard to run plugins in standalone mode

Step one
Load Square Wave

Step two
Add Model 3 filter (303 modelled filter)

Step three
Add portamento... Oh wait...

Step four
Play your 303
By Danoc Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:27 am
I couldn't agree more. I never expected that to be in standalone.

Cockdiesel wrote:Maybe portemento is better served on a analog synth...
I agree the live features for keygroup sampling are lacking but I don’t see much use for portemento unless it’s 303 baselines or g thang leads ...

I see where your coming from, would be Nice for more rebust sampling. However it’s not a sound design tool rather a writing tool.
Try your keygroups on a toriaz. This is better left for vst imo.
By Danoc Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 am
Huh? 303 or the live we talking about :hmmm:

bredal187 wrote:Step one
Load Square Wave

Step two
Add Model 3 filter (303 modelled filter)

Step three
Add portamento... Oh wait...

Step four
Play your 303
By dryad-66 Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:32 am
Danoc wrote:Charles where's the knob on the 4000 and 1000 that says portamento? JJOS is optional its not the original part of the MPCs

Kalou wrote:
Does anyone know whether the Portamento feature was removed on OS 1.71. When I follow the instructions in the manual to get to turn the feature on, the option doesn't appear on the screen it's supposedly on?

You have to make sure it's a Keygroup program. Highlight the program in the program list screen and hit the "Misc" tab at the bottom of the screen. Portmhero should be in the midi section of that screen I believe.

Works in keygroup on the 4000 8)
By Danoc Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:43 am
4000 keygroups? Hmmm its been a long while since l been on a 4000. Don't remember that. Back then it wasn't being used like now.
By dryad-66 Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:11 am
Danoc wrote:4000 keygroups? Hmmm its been a long while since l been on a 4000. Don't remember that. Back then it wasn't being used like now.

So many features so little time......still it would be welcome if it appears on the next update.Sliding 808 bass drums? :nod:
By CharlesRandolph Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am
Danoc wrote:Charles where's the knob on the 4000 and 1000 that says portamento? JJOS is optional its not the original part of the MPCs

Make a Keygroup -
Click Program Button -
Highlight Program that's a Keygroup -
Press MISC (F3) -
It's under the MIDI sections along with Mono Legato. :nod:

Personally, I've never seen a real drum kit, with a Portamento glide/slide effect. :lol:
By Danoc Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:53 pm
For me its not a need. I hope people get what they want.

dryad-66 wrote:
Danoc wrote:4000 keygroups? Hmmm its been a long while since l been on a 4000. Don't remember that. Back then it wasn't being used like now.

So many features so little time......still it would be welcome if it appears on the next update.Sliding 808 bass drums? :nod:
By Danoc Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:59 pm
LOL ME EITHER! Aaahhh Legato as l mentioned l use this on my violins and strings. Dope.

CharlesRandolph wrote:Personally, I've never seen a real drum kit, with a Portamento glide/slide effect. :lol: