MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bredal187 Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 pm
So, I was making a beat, I was hyped. My project crashed every second time i saved it, but it worked when I loaded it.

So, after dinner, going to continue the track, auto save comes up, I press cancel cause I'm in THE ZONE... oh boy, another crash (6th) and the "You have experienced a crash, please remember to shutdown properly" message pops up .. oh really, Captain Obvious???

So, it asks me if I want to load last project, and I'm like, hell yeah, but unlike the other times it had crashed (today) it asked if I wanted to merge project with autosave version and I'm like, for sure, since I've been working the last half hour with some good results.

Load, load, load and boom... main melody sample is not playing. I go to the Assign Sample page and find the samples are assigned but not loaded. I go to the internal HD to load the samples but they don't autoplay when I select them. Oh well, I load them anyways but alas, they aren't working.

Yeah, I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow I'll boot up my Maschine and do the beat all over again, in front of my computer instead of in the yard with my MPC.... Feels bad. :Sigh:
By richie Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 am
Danoc is going to reply to this and tell you that his Live is the best and never has a single issue. :)
By Danoc Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:10 am
Rich you're a funny dude lol

I never saud my MPC live was the best but it is true l have never had that. You would of heard my rant son!
By Cockdiesel Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:32 am
Try turning off the auto save function. It’s in the preferences. I doubt pressing cancel on the auto save is helping either. I had auto save on for like an hour and it was one of the only times I had a crash or glitch.

Auto save is mad annoying even setting the intervals longer it never comes at a good time.

Have you updated to the newest os? Might want to shoot akai an email, you May have a unit with issues.

Totally feel for you back yard beats is a new found love for me.
By Ill-Green Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:40 am
Title of the thread should be Pop song :lol:

Seems like you were saving differently than the usual way you do it. And in ways you didn't know the consequences that be. One thing I learned about Nukai MPCs is that once you have a way of saving and its golden, keep doing it that way and don't deride from it.

The problem is definitely not you. Might have to revert to 2.1 until Akai fixes it.
By richie Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:44 am
Danoc wrote:Rich you're a funny dude lol
I never saud my MPC live was the best but it is true l have never had that. You would of heard my rant son!

LOL what man? It's a well known fact you love your Live! You should get free download codes from Akai for all the free promotion you have given them.
By Danoc Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:16 am
LOL you got me laughing lol how you doing bro?

I love the machines but l dont love Akai as a company. IMO they have the best sequencers without worrying about latency. And those pads... Aaaahhh like heaven when l program. I have a confidence on a high level when l use it. No worries. I work faster and learn and its putting me in a better position. When you got something that works stick with it.

You know its funny lll Grren ssid Akai should pay me for drum programming some sounds for them.
Akai won't give me nothing for free. I promote the machine and give Akai props when need be. Be l promote to help people so they can experience the goodness l am experiencing and its fun. When the fun is gone l need to get out the game.
That machine help me get stuff ready for the first quarter of next year. Im excited :mrgreen:

richie wrote:

LOL what man? It's a well known fact you love your Live! You should get free download codes from Akai for all the free promotion you have given them.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:48 am
Danoc wrote:LOL you got me laughing lol how you doing bro?

I love the machines but l dont love Akai as a company. IMO they have the best sequencers without worrying about latency. And those pads... Aaaahhh like heaven when l program. I have a confidence on a high level when l use it. No worries. I work faster and learn and its putting me in a better position. When you got something that works stick with it.

You know its funny lll Grren ssid Akai should pay me for drum programming some sounds for them.
Akai won't give me nothing for free. I promote the machine and give Akai props when need be. Be l promote to help people so they can experience the goodness l am experiencing and its fun. When the fun is gone l need to get out the game.
That machine help me get stuff ready for the first quarter of next year. Im excited :mrgreen:

richie wrote:

I don't understand how so many people are having different issues. I understand if most people are having the same problem, then it's the machine or code. But with all these different issues, on the same machine using the same software. It has to be user based.
By Cockdiesel Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:32 am
Charles good call. It might have to do with auto save and using differnt media. I’ve never experienced this.

It really has to be operator error. The only times I had a crash it was my fault, messing with too much stuff. Sequencing and chopping samples works great for me. It’s the mixing and processing that give me more trouble.
By bredal187 Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:18 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Try turning off the auto save function. It’s in the preferences. I doubt pressing cancel on the auto save is helping either. I had auto save on for like an hour and it was one of the only times I had a crash or glitch.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's the auto save (Auto crash) "feature" that's the problem. I have also seen many mention crashes when ever they chose to cancel an action.

Cockdiesel wrote:Auto save is mad annoying even setting the intervals longer it never comes at a good time.

Yup :lol:

Cockdiesel wrote:Have you updated to the newest os? Might want to shoot akai an email, you May have a unit with issues.

Yeah, I run on latest OS. I'll try one thing at the time. First disable Auto Save. If that doesn't do it, then revert to 2.2.1

...I can also make my MPC Live crash by simply tapping twice on Save.
By Heavie Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:03 am
I think it's sad, a person has to be lucky on a lottery draw when buying gear or they have to tip toe around a gear when operating it to keep it stable. Are you really suggesting, a person have to find the sweet spot to use a mpc x or the live without crashes. Unless the original poster is physical putting wear and tear on his live. Like slamming the live down or beating it with a hammer. His live should not be crashing, when performing simple functions like twisting knob, triggering pads, pressing buttons.

My God, you purchase products to use and enjoy it. Not to trouble shut it. This problem is wide spread among all the brands releasing gear under inmusic. Not just Akai with the latest mpc's. The other brands under inmusic are having failure problem and the same lucky people who's luck up are stating it's user error, until they get bit by the failure bug. Then the table turns and they start crying, why my unit is not working.
By bredal187 Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:15 am
Heavie wrote:I think it's sad, a person has to be lucky on a lottery draw when buying gear or they have to tip toe around a gear when operating it to keep it stable. Are you really suggesting, a person have to find the sweet spot to use a mpc x or the live without crashes. Unless the original poster is physical putting wear and tear on his live. Like slamming the live down or beating it with a hammer. His live should not be crashing, when performing simple functions like twisting knob, triggering pads, pressing buttons.

I thought the same but ignored the comment. In my 25 years of using different hard- and software I've seen so many fanboys use this argument when ranting over a product that's made by "THEIR" company.

If my MPC has an auto save feature i should be able to use it without it crashing. If the auto save feautre has a cancel option I should be able to cancel without having it crashing on me. If my MPC asks if i want to merge my project with my last auto save after crash, it shouldn't destroy half the samples in the project.

I don't really care what the reason is because it shouldn't happen. If I was on a paid project with a deadline I'd sue Akai for lost revenue.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:20 am
Bought a Samsung EVO Pro SSD before my Live arrived and saving there since day 1..I’ve experienced some small issues after an update with blinking lights and such but resetting the preferences and rebooting did it for me..Also never saved any custom progressions cause i heard some bad stories behind it..Besides that everything works like clock
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:57 am
Heavie wrote:I think it's sad, a person has to be lucky on a lottery draw when buying gear or they have to tip toe around a gear when operating it to keep it stable. Are you really suggesting, a person have to find the sweet spot to use a mpc x or the live without crashes. Unless the original poster is physical putting wear and tear on his live. Like slamming the live down or beating it with a hammer. His live should not be crashing, when performing simple functions like twisting knob, triggering pads, pressing buttons.

My God, you purchase products to use and enjoy it. Not to trouble shut it. This problem is wide spread among all the brands releasing gear under inmusic. Not just Akai with the latest mpc's. The other brands under inmusic are having failure problem and the same lucky people who's luck up are stating it's user error, until they get bit by the failure bug. Then the table turns and they start crying, why my unit is not working.

Have you ever worked in customer support before? You'll be surprised. :lol: If the unit is flawed then the company should order a recall or the end user should return it. However in my experience, it could be many things.

User abuse.
Non compatible attached storage devices.
Skipping updates and jumping to the latest update.
Error in coding
Bad hardware
etc

It's hard to diagnose, if we don't have the device on our person.

I remember buying a used MPC 4000 from one guy. He said the machine was broken and it did not work. He tried all kind of things, but could not to fix it. In the listing it said, could not get any sound. So on a whelm I bought it. When it arrived, I loaded the 4000 with drums. Everything worked!

I messaged the guys letting him know it works perfectly, I told him I loaded some drums into the machine
and it played. His reply was....oooh I did not know, I had to load sounds into it. :lol: We are all flawed and we all make mistakes.

I suggest doing the following.

1. Back up all data.
2. Remove all attached devices.
3. Factory reset the device.
4. Format the hard drive as instructed
5. Reattached hard drives as instructed
6. Test to see if the bug is there. If no, continue to 7
If yes, report the bug to Akai and return the device.

7. Update the device, one update at a time. Then restart after each update.
8. Test to see if that update causes the bug. If no, do Step 7 again and continue.
If yes, report the bug to Akai and return the device.

When we buy a device, we want it to work, and it should work. However, there are thousands of end users who work and hit a combination of buttons, that the programmer could never think of that causes a bug. Or we attached devices, that work, but cause unseen bugs. However, if it is the device, return it. Do not rationalize it, do not tip toe around it. Return it, Get your money back, and buy something that works. :nod:

This is not personal. It's not about right or wrong. It's about getting the machine to work. I'm no fanboy, I don't attend the pity party, and I don't jump on the hate train. I've had the device, tested it out, and returned it because it did not do what I needed it to do. If you find the machine, is not working, even after you reset it, return it and get your money back.