MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:18 pm
Danoc wrote:Im staying away cause it was glitchy plus when they update l always wait abd both need to have the same update numbers.

I don't want 2.2 for the software and the firmware is 2.2.2.1 hell naw! They need to match.

If you wanna go back to 2.2.1 go to the site it should be at "DOWN LOADS" scroll fown until you see it. Always save your versions on a disk.

Here's the link

http://www.akaipro.com/products/mpc-series/mpc-live
Thanks!

Wow, I thought both software & firmware were 2.2.2.1.

I haven't had any issues, but if I do, rolling back to 2.2.1 will be the 1st thing I do.
By JeriKo Jackson Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 pm
xparis001 wrote:
tsutek wrote:Thought about this a lil more, here's my current theory:

Akai got shafted buying those RAZR boards for the live/X. There is some kinda design fault on those boards that makes it highly unstable/subpar performer when the system is pushed to its limits. This is why Akai has capped the RAM to 2GB instead of 4, and even then Akai couldn't get the full 2GB of sampling RAM thing to work satisfactorily.

The chip makers knew about this fault and discontinued the chipset/thingy quietly.. Just before selling their last stock to Akai. Boom :smoker:

Now this is all just wild speculation and my imagination running wild but.... yeah

conspiracy cat!

Lol, no, nothing like that happened, and the chip is not discontinued, and nowhere close to being maxed out with our software.

I appreciate you coming through and squashing the fake news Dan.

Still I wish there was a better idea
Of what to expect and when.
By tsutek Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 pm
o wait, speculating out loud is fake news now? You give my idle imagination wayy to much credit sir!
By Bezo Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:I appreciate you coming through and squashing the fake news Dan.

Still I wish there was a better idea
Of what to expect and when.
As if Akai would admit to anything that may deter customers.

tsutek wrote:o wait, speculating out loud is fake news now? You give my idle imagination wayy to much credit sir!
Ha!

I can understand not wanting to promise a date. I can understand a little less why they won't even tell us WHAT's being worked on as I guess things don't always go as planned, or plans change.

Either way, we'll talk. In the end, it's all chatter in the name of Akai.
By soundsafoolmusic Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:10 pm
xparis001 wrote:
conspiracy cat!

Lol, no, nothing like that happened, and the chip is not discontinued, and nowhere close to being maxed out with our software.

Really pleased to hear it.

Would love this to work with all my gear and allow me to work away from the DAW every now and again. It maxes out too often/easily for me at the moment to have it useful in standalone.
By AWW~NAWW Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:52 am
I'm still using 2.1 because that is the only version that saves the settings and preset selection in th xyfx. All of the other versions after 2.1 don't save them.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:07 am
soundsafoolmusic wrote:
xparis001 wrote:
conspiracy cat!

Really pleased to hear it.

Would love this to work with all my gear and allow me to work away from the DAW every now and again. It maxes out too often/easily for me at the moment to have it useful in standalone.

Your computer is Heavy duty Tow Truck. The MPC LIve/X is a VW Beetle. I suggest that you stop trying to tow cars with your VW Beetle. It's not designed to haul that kind of load. Basically, you have to know the limits of your gear and then work within the limits.

This is were the creative part comes in. Learning how to get more of the machine and find clever ways to use it, in a way that was not intended.
By Danoc Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:41 pm
Ok cool enjoy

Bezo wrote:
Thanks!

Wow, I thought both software & firmware were 2.2.2.1.

I haven't had any issues, but if I do, rolling back to 2.2.1 will be the 1st thing I do.
By Danoc Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:49 pm
You said all that. All you had to say was "DO MORE WITH LESS" end of the convo lol :lol: :lol: l had to get you back lol

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Your computer is Heavy duty Tow Truck. The MPC LIve/X is a VW Beetle. I suggest that you stop trying to tow cars with your VW Beetle. It's not designed to haul that kind of load. Basically, you have to know the limits of your gear and then work within the limits.

This is were the creative part comes in. Learning how to get more of the machine and find clever ways to use it, in a way that was not intended.
By soundsafoolmusic Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:49 pm
Danoc wrote:You said all that. All you had to say was "DO MORE WITH LESS" end of the convo lol :lol: :lol: l had to get you back lol

CharlesRandolph wrote:

Having more than two key groups in one project is not tow truck stuff. Memory maxes out on third keygroup load

Certainly cannot do anything very multitimbral. Eg some nice piano while strings playing and brass etc. It’s a nice drum machine.

A seaboard is unusable on it too as too much data.
By Danoc Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:12 am
dryad-66 wrote:Daamn i just ordered one :|

Dam are you serious?
By Cockdiesel Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:50 am
soundsafoolmusic wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:

Having more than two key groups in one project is not tow truck stuff. Memory maxes out on third keygroup load

Certainly cannot do anything very multitimbral. Eg some nice piano while strings playing and brass etc. It’s a nice drum machine.

A seaboard is unusable on it too as too much data.[/quote]

Not sure what types of keygroups you’re using but I have easily loaded 3-4, perhaps even more and never ran into issues. Isn’t the rolli stuff based around mpe?

Sorry dude but you come across as just a hater. I could be ignorant about the mpe and rolli stuff but I know I have had never had issues with loading too much on the live. Multi-Timberal support is in the road map, it’s no defense but the issue has been addressed.
By Danoc Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:57 am
CD l agree. Never had an issue with loading a lot in the Live.