MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By handed Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:57 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:
handed wrote:Hi there, I’ve got a Samsung 960 Evo M.2 NVME SSD drive. I’m about to buy a Live - will this drive work with it?

You need a SATA III drive and not an M.2 it won’t work..

Good to know, thanks, bummer!
By JUKE 179r Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:43 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Image

This^

Good luck with that one.:oops:
That 860 is the one that died on me but the new 860 that Samsung replaced it with has been running great in my wife's MBP.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:51 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Good luck with that one.:oops:
That 860 is the one that died on me but the new 860 that Samsung replaced it with has been running great in my wife's MBP.

Yep it can happen to anyone..Personally i got me the previous 850 EVO Pro Model and it has 10 years warranty..
By DJSpaceP Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:54 am
I just picked up an HP 500GB S700 for $70

5 min to install, now it's being formatted as I type.

We'll see how it goes.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:11 am
I have a Samsung and its reliable.
By DJSpaceP Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:29 pm
DJSpaceP wrote:I just picked up an HP 500GB S700 for $70

5 min to install, now it's being formatted as I type.

We'll see how it goes.

So far, so good on the HP S700. A little more detail: After installing the SSD drive in the MPC SSD drive bay, I was a little concerned about the drive not being recognized and was worried I would have to get an external cradle for to format it from my PC. However, when I hooked the MPC up to my computer via USB and opened the disk management utility in Windows, the drive was there, just not partitioned and formatted. I partitioned/formatted it (exFAT) from the PC and after a restart of the MPC, everything is working great so far.

SOOOOOOOO much internal storage! 8) 8) 8)
By Danoc Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:29 pm
I have Western Digital Green. It has been working so far, bout to get two more. These SSD drives are nothing but big ass thumb drives LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :nod: :smoker: