MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JJG Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:57 am
hi guys so I’m new to the MPC Live and I’ve notice that when I put the same sample on two pads and try to edit one it does the same thing to second one. Is there a way to make so it doesn’t effect the other sample or do I have to record it again and then do what I need to do to it?
By MaScHiNeHeAd Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:33 am
JJG wrote:hi guys so I’m new to the MPC Live and I’ve notice that when I put the same sample on two pads and try to edit one it does the same thing to second one. Is there a way to make so it doesn’t effect the other sample or do I have to record it again and then do what I need to do to it?

Wassup, JJG! Yep, dead simple. just change the name of the second sample to something like "sample 2" and you should be golden. In Sample Edit, there is a keyboard icon next to the sample title field. Once you change it, the MPC will see it as a seperate sample, & you can then edit it or as effects as you see fit & it will only change that version of the sample.. :-D :-D
By JJG Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:20 am
Dam!! that easy?! well thanks man I appreciate it!!!
also you wouldn't happen to know what you need to do to record a pitch or a filter change? on the mpc 2000XL you would just use the variation slider and play around with the pad while recording it and it would play back what you where doing but in the mpc live it won't let me do that and I'm starting to think this thing isn't worth a 1,000 dollars lol
By Fanu Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 am
JJG wrote:Dam!! that easy?! well thanks man I appreciate it!!!
also you wouldn't happen to know what you need to do to record a pitch or a filter change? on the mpc 2000XL you would just use the variation slider and play around with the pad while recording it and it would play back what you where doing but in the mpc live it won't let me do that and I'm starting to think this thing isn't worth a 1,000 dollars lol

Automation Write mode is what you're looking for if you're looking to record a filter change on the sequence.
By JJG Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:16 am
Fanu wrote:
JJG wrote:Dam!! that easy?! well thanks man I appreciate it!!!

Automation Write mode is what you're looking for if you're looking to record a filter change on the sequence.

Thanks man I really appreciate it :worthy:
By JJG Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:55 am
Thank you!!!
And to do the automation write mode I just press the green button that’s next to the gear until it’s red right?