MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By rvense Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:58 am
Crumb$ wrote:Any one know what the big red button on the inside does...?

If you hold it during boot the machine stops at the bootloader and goes into recovery mode. This is how firmware upgrades are done, except there you just ask for recovery mode from the software. If you installed bad firmware or messed it up somehow, this button would allow you to interrupt the booting process and reflash.

Also as far as I remember, the OS is not on the internal SD card, but the soldered eMMC on the SoM further inside the machine. The internal SD contains just the factory contents, which comes to 10.2GB, hence the label.

Your experience sounds a little similar to the boot time issues some people have been having with 2.2.1 and certain drives. That's quite interesting.
By JUKE 179r Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 am
I was going to tell the OP that their MPC Live is totally broken and to sell it to me for $50. lol
By Bezo Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:20 pm
rvense wrote:...Your experience sounds a little similar to the boot time issues some people have been having with 2.2.1 and certain drives. That's quite interesting.
Which they say was addressed in the current 2.2.3 update.
By Crumb$ Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:46 pm
rvense wrote:
Crumb$ wrote:Any one know what the big red button on the inside does...?

If you hold it during boot the machine stops at the bootloader and goes into recovery mode. This is how firmware upgrades are done, except there you just ask for recovery mode from the software. If you installed bad firmware or messed it up somehow, this button would allow you to interrupt the booting process and reflash.

Also as far as I remember, the OS is not on the internal SD card, but the soldered eMMC on the SoM further inside the machine. The internal SD contains just the factory contents, which comes to 10.2GB, hence the label.

Your experience sounds a little similar to the boot time issues some people have been having with 2.2.1 and certain drives. That's quite interesting.

Hey, thanks for that explanation. Prior to the incident (and the resulting dent) I hadn't had any issue with it. The boot time wasn't as quick as it is now though. The knock it received obviously did something to it but it's weird that a reset fixed it. Unfortunately I'm not quite out of the woods yet...

I just realised that preference settings aren't saving. Things like; quick folders; new project dialogue; default tempo.... etc None of it saves. All the stock content seems to be there though so I don't see as there's an issue with the internal SD card (which I re-seated anyway while I had the thing open).

Any one got any ideas?
By Crumb$ Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 pm
kaydigi wrote:Update it to the new firmware and see if that helps. It just came out yesterday.

Just updated to 2.2.3 but the default settings still won't save. Also, while it now boots in 16 seconds, I don't get the "press here" button to complete booting. ...just boots straight to the demo screen.

After reading the thread about the 2.2.3 update I'm now wondering if this was ever a damaged hardware issue for me, or whether the knock it got just somehow triggered the issues. That seems odd though...
By saltmcgault Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:36 am
JUKE 179r wrote:I was going to tell the OP that their MPC Live is totally broken and to sell it to me for $50. lol

i’ll give him $75 :lol:
By Crumb$ Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:06 am
saltmcgault wrote:
JUKE 179r wrote:I was going to tell the OP that their MPC Live is totally broken and to sell it to me for $50. lol

i’ll give him $75 :lol:

...or just man-up and buy a new one.... :smoker:
By saltmcgault Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:09 am
[/quote]

...or just man-up and buy a new one.... :smoker:[/quote]

...or man-up and learn how to take a joke.... :smoker:
By Crumb$ Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 am
saltmcgault wrote:

Ahh, yeah…desculpe, you’ll have to excuse me. :WTF: I’m going through a traumatic period at the moment, what with the damaged MPC, and Brexit back in the UK, and the rise of the far right candidate Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil, him with his ideas of reinstating a military dictatorship and giving everyone guns and just not being very nice. And then we already had that joke on page one, where I took it, so it was more of a repetition by page two. If we get another one on page three then who knows where we’re going to end up? There’s no limit to the internet…we could get in to millions of dollars, and no one can really afford that….there’s a recession on.
By saltmcgault Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:59 pm
Crumb$ wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:

Ahh, yeah…desculpe, you’ll have to excuse me. :WTF: I’m going through a traumatic period at the moment, what with the damaged MPC, and Brexit back in the UK, and the rise of the far right candidate Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil, him with his ideas of reinstating a military dictatorship and giving everyone guns and just not being very nice. And then we already had that joke on page one, where I took it, so it was more of a repetition by page two. If we get another one on page three then who knows where we’re going to end up? There’s no limit to the internet…we could get in to millions of dollars, and no one can really afford that….there’s a recession on.

yeah that sucks about your mpc. try not to take me too seriously. i hope you get your live fixed.
By Danoc Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:That's the SP 1200, MPC 60, SSL NEVE SOUND BUTTON. Push it and the songs mix themselves. :lol: :lol:

Now CharlesRandolph you know you're not right don't you? :lol: :lol: