MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:08 pm
Danoc wrote:...OMG tracking out is the worse. I got so sick of that and trying to lock up the midi... A freakin nightmare. I went to ITB and loving it. When you track out you get what is known as noise floor. When inside the box there is no noise floor. Making to the best to mix. The live eliminates tracking.
I'm still working out my creative process within MPC/Live. Another track or 2 and I should settle into a workflow.

I'll be mixing in Logic Pro X though. I forget what DAW you said you use, but can you share how you go about finishing/mixing a track? Specifically, how are you getting audio into your DAW?

Thanks!
By 40Beatz Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 pm
Computer is required for very basic automation editing or removing one specific type of automation per track (as opposed to deleting all automation, which Live/X can do).

I Can Edit Automation Events in the List Edit Page on any Particular Track. I may be misunderstanding?
By Danoc Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:12 pm
dryad-66 wrote:You can also loose some mojo if you stay inside the box.Inside the MATRIX :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Man get the heck outta here LOL :lol:
By Danoc Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:31 pm
qkrgusdb33 wrote:wow this post got huge

I didn't know there will be so much replies.. :shock:

See what the hell you started lol :lol:
By Fanu Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:18 pm
Bezo wrote:
Danoc wrote:...OMG tracking out is the worse. I got so sick of that and trying to lock up the midi... A freakin nightmare. I went to ITB and loving it. When you track out you get what is known as noise floor. When inside the box there is no noise floor. Making to the best to mix. The live eliminates tracking.
I'm still working out my creative process within MPC/Live. Another track or 2 and I should settle into a workflow.

I'll be mixing in Logic Pro X though. I forget what DAW you said you use, but can you share how you go about finishing/mixing a track? Specifically, how are you getting audio into your DAW?

Thanks!

Arrange your sequences into a song, convert that song into one long sequence, then export its tracks to audio, take those tracks to your DAW…boom.
By Danoc Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:34 pm
What's up bro?

Yeh l use Reason 10 and Studio One. I mix in Reason but master in S1V3.

Sometimes l do my drums in the MPC live. When l finish l export them as stems then drag and drop them into Reason 10. I do my chords and melodies and arrangements in Reason 10.

Mixing is another deal.
Here's my vid on it.

Bezo wrote:I'll be mixing in Logic Pro X though. I forget what DAW you said you use, but can you share how you go about finishing/mixing a track? Specifically, how are you getting audio into your DAW?

Thanks!
By mr_debauch Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:37 pm
you know, maybe the MV-8800 might actually have more features than the live if you want to sit and make long bullet point lists. The issue with the MV has never been the lack of features, it has been the clunky workflow and slow loading/wait times. For that reason, they aren't really worth comparing. I have made loads of beats on the 8000, it is not the same type of machine as the live IMO.
By Danoc Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 pm
MPC live loads fast, not clunky at the workflow. Sequencer doper than the MV. And its huge.
List points of features side by side would love to see that. But l would love to put the X up against that. :-)

mr_debauch wrote:you know, maybe the MV-8800 might actually have more features than the live if you want to sit and make long bullet point lists. The issue with the MV has never been the lack of features, it has been the clunky workflow and slow loading/wait times. For that reason, they aren't really worth comparing. I have made loads of beats on the 8000, it is not the same type of machine as the live IMO.
By Bezo Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:43 pm
Fanu wrote:Arrange your sequences into a song, convert that song into one long sequence, then export its tracks to audio, take those tracks to your DAW…boom.
What I was planning. Thanks!

I guess I was wondering if there was a more sophisticated method... syncing Logic/MPC and printing audio directly to Logic, for example.

Danoc wrote:What's up bro?

Yeh l use Reason 10 and Studio One. I mix in Reason but master in S1V3.

Sometimes l do my drums in the MPC live. When l finish l export them as stems then drag and drop them into Reason 10. I do my chords and melodies and arrangements in Reason 10.

Mixing is another deal.
Here's my vid on it.

Bezo wrote:I'll be mixing in Logic Pro X though. I forget what DAW you said you use, but can you share how you go about finishing/mixing a track? Specifically, how are you getting audio into your DAW?

Thanks!
Thanks! I will definitely check this out this evening.

Recent changes & updates to the set up has me in newbie mode to some degree. I'm trying to settle on a workflow sooner than later. Biggest concern now is transitioning from writing/creating to mixing/polishing, going from one software to another.
By Fanu Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 pm
Bezo wrote:
Fanu wrote:Arrange your sequences into a song, convert that song into one long sequence, then export its tracks to audio, take those tracks to your DAW…boom.
What I was planning. Thanks!

I guess I was wondering if there was a more sophisticated method... syncing Logic/MPC and printing audio directly to Logic, for example.

This is just a guess, but probably if you open the MPC as a plugin inside Logic and route its tracks to Logic.
Never opened the MPC in my DAW though, but I'd guess it'll work.
By Bezo Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:37 pm
Fanu wrote:This is just a guess, but probably if you open the MPC as a plugin inside Logic and route its tracks to Logic.
Never opened the MPC in my DAW though, but I'd guess it'll work.
I thought of this, but I believe Logic loads CPU usage for a single track all on a single thread. I may try it out but I'd anticipate CPU usage issues.
By J-Fly Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:15 pm
If you purchase MPC Live the way I did through American Musical Supply with 12 monthly payments then it makes the so called expensive price laughable.