MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By whoohaaah Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 am
I got mine through Sweetwater with 48 months no financing.

The portability with no need for a laptop is invaluable to me. Threw in a spare 500gb ssd, and for me the price is worth it.
By aes-one Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:22 am
I can see the argument for it being overpriced. I think $1000 would be a solid price, not too low not too high. But I think the Live kind of stands on its own in the market - its a unique piece of gear that has no true direct competitors in the stand alone segment. I think for this reason they can justify the extra $, especially as there is no competition to drive the price down.

For someone like me, who has been waiting for a machine like the Live for years..I was willing to pay the $1200 no problem. Yea, I think it should be cheaper, but I ultimately think their pricing is justified. Maybe they will give it a price cut down the line, and there is also always the used market. If it was $1500 new however, I'd probably be crying a little more on these forums as well!