MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lava Live Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:43 pm
What happened to the good news for us MPC Live and X owners? 2.3 has come yet there was no new Splice integration added. Does anyone have any insight into this feature that was so fervently announced by Akai yet quietly swept under the rug when 2.3 was released. So far it seems like I'm the only one who even noticed. Does anyone even care?
Bymember04959388 Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 pm
Well I don't really care, I use my own samples and I don't give a **** about splice but I just think it's coming soon, maybe next update and maybe they realised that before Splice integration they need to fix clip programs.
Otherwise it would be a bit weird to advertise a splice partnership in a machine where clips programs stop playing when you change track.
I am just guessing of course
By MPC-Tutor Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:17 am
Lava Live wrote:What happened to the good news for us MPC Live and X owners? 2.3 has come yet there was no new Splice integration added. Does anyone have any insight into this feature that was so fervently announced by Akai yet quietly swept under the rug when 2.3 was released. So far it seems like I'm the only one who even noticed. Does anyone even care?

It was never claimed to be in 2.3, it was just something 'coming at some point'. And to your last point, yes, it does seem that many people are a bit 'meh' about it. But I believe Akai are very excited about it.
By Danoc Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:37 am
What he said!

New synth sounds like the 3 they gave us got me excited.

Frisbi wrote:Well I don't really care, I use my own samples and I don't give a **** about splice......
Bymember04959388 Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:04 pm
Danoc wrote:What he said!

New synth sounds like the 3 they gave us got me excited.

Frisbi wrote:Well I don't really care, I use my own samples and I don't give a **** about splice......

Yes exactly. More then Splice I am excited also by new 3 synths and I would be even more excited if Air would develop some effects for Mpc.
By Bezo Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:54 pm
I'm on the lucky side of this one. The included synths are an appreciated substitute for the plugins I would otherwise not have for my stand alone work. And I had no need for Splice integration. Sweet!
By Elektrobolt Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:17 pm
I am a bit leery towards these kinds of operations.

The number one problem with 'partnerships' is that they don't seem to last. Eventually they become a burden rather than a benefit. I've gone through this with a number of companies, where for example hardware becomes obsolete/unusable (even though the software 'partner' clearly has the capability).

It appears cool for sales, but in the long run, in my experience, the contractual constraints indirectly impose a limited lifespan of the products, NOT because things couldn't arbitrarily be fixed, but because their agreements prevents them from doing so.