MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:19 pm
Ehh, I'm hoping they close things up & work on their own ecosystem. Open systems require a lot of manual assignments (why I went Komplete Kontrol over Advance). Great for those up to the task I guess.

This is a partnership with another sound company, which they already have such partnerships. Unless they're working on an NKS equivalent, this helps me none.

kaydigi wrote:2.3 release notes or bust.
Ha! I hope this next update delivers SOMETHING. I have a few items I don't think will make the cut, so my expectations are low.
By Danoc Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:17 pm
I alreaady knew about splice this means nothing to me, unless they are helping with the new updates and a GLITCH FREE STANDALONE MACHINE!
Akai needs to make those people happy that bought the machines.
By Bezo Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:37 pm
Danoc wrote:I alreaady knew about splice this means nothing to me, unless they are helping with the new updates and a GLITCH FREE STANDALONE MACHINE!
Akai needs to make those people happy that bought the machines.
Yeah, looks like they're after new customers before satisfying the current. But this has been working for companies as of late, I guess because there are always more potential customers and happy owners than existing, disgruntled owners.

As much as I'm looking for what I hope is the next gen of MPCs, the experience with this generation would keep me on the sidelines until they delivered what I felt was a "finished" machine. I'd probably wait a full version plus a minor upgrade or 2. Better yet, maybe I'll no longer be looking for my drum machine (plus included software) to do it all.
By hansjbs Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:How do you think they are going to incorporate Splice offerings with the MPC? Is this going to be something specifically for the MPC Software, or something also for standalone mode?

I'm looking at this as revenue. More buyers especially the young new producers which means continuing updates. Both software and hardware support. All I can see is that this will expand the life of the X and live since most were worried about akai dropping and stopping support on these product soon. It shows sign that its not the end
Last edited by hansjbs on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fanu Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:21 pm
So now we know what the big thing in 2.3 is.
I understand this from the revenue standpoint very well…they need to keep the money coming in.

I hope they will keep pushing the product.
With new big features like Splice added, one would think they will.
By Certified Beatz Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:20 am
Dope idea makes sense lets see how this plays out would like more of a software update and hardware update.. Not looking forward to allowing a wifi connection on my hardware also 7.99 a month a little steep..
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:13 am
Certified Beatz wrote:LOL I did sign up got to stick with the times.. look like crate digger is a thing of the past

Crate Diggers will never die. What's going to happen is people will use these sounds, a crate digga will hear the music, and chop the drums and the sounds. This is for the people, who don't enjoy the adventure of the dig. Who don't like to spend time listening to music looking for loops, bass, drums, and sounds.

Crate Digging is a world wide adventure, go to Germany, London, New York, Brazil, Cuba, or some backwoods town with rare vinyl gems. When you see a fellow crate digga at a spot, you share a common bond. Also I don't know, if its just me but most crate digga I meet. are some of the coolest and most trust worthy people I know.

I mean look at this forum, new heads and old heads, argue, fight, but still share information and ideas with each other. To dig the crates, you have to love music. Because to most, it takes too much work, to do what we do. We are the Indiana Jones's of sample based music. Musical World Explorers with crates of world treasures.