MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:38 pm
I seems to look similar to app on a phone within the menu system. You click it, sign in and connects you. I had a free membership to splice from something and I never even bothered to check it out.

I would rather an open source format where you can submit your own samples, even something that allows you to sell samples peer to peer for like 50 cents each or whatever a fair price would be.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:14 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Most of us are not major players in the production world.. we do make money tho from our creativity... i just can't see opening up my library on my MPC via wifi.. having 20 years in IT i know my network is stable but it always good to know on windows i have extra protection with there firewall.. i don't believe Akai has gone that route...

I'm going to connect on your network, using your machine and Akai account. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:17 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I seems to look similar to app on a phone within the menu system. You click it, sign in and connects you. I had a free membership to splice from something and I never even bothered to check it out.

I would rather an open source format where you can submit your own samples, even something that allows you to sell samples peer to peer for like 50 cents each or whatever a fair price would be.

Splice is not unlimited downloads, you have to buy credits like it's a cam girl site. Rent to Own vst plugins do people actually pay for this?
By Cockdiesel Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:22 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:you have to buy credits like it some cam girl site. :-D

Man... these akai guys are really blood thirsty....

Splice might be cool, of course for new customers, but I think the concept of peer to peer would be dope.

tutor could open up shop on there or maybe anyone who can get creative could make some extra change sharing their samples.

I know it’s more than likely a pipe dream because of copyright laws and how it would be abused.

Actually they could implement a algorithm like on SoundCloud they me made pull down a few clips of mine. One was obvious, the other I wasn’t sure how they caught it.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:14 am
Cockdiesel wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:you have to buy credits like it some cam girl site. :-D

Man... these akai guys are really blood thirsty....

Splice might be cool, of course for new customers, but I think the concept of peer to peer would be dope.

tutor could open up shop on there or maybe anyone who can get creative could make some extra change sharing their samples.

I know it’s more than likely a pipe dream because of copyright laws and how it would be abused.

Actually they could implement a algorithm like on SoundCloud they me made pull down a few clips of mine. One was obvious, the other I wasn’t sure how they caught it.

How about this:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=187002&p=1751883#p1751883
By BULLETHEAD Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:09 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Cockdiesel wrote:I seems to look similar to app on a phone within the menu system. You click it, sign in and connects you. I had a free membership to splice from something and I never even bothered to check it out.

Splice is not unlimited downloads, you have to buy credits like it's a cam girl site. Rent to Own vst plugins do people actually pay for this?

I actually bought Serum through their rent to own offer. I think it was $10/mo. and you could pause at any given time and pick up where you left off when so desired. Also you could pay extra any time and you're able to update as well.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:38 pm
BULLETHEAD wrote:

I actually bought Serum through their rent to own offer. I think it was $10/mo. and you could pause at any given time and pick up where you left off when so desired. Also you could pay extra any time and you're able to update as well.

READ THE TOS :lol: :lol: :lol: SLAVE LABOR and your paying them. Don't forget about the data they're collecting about the users.

d. License Grant From You to Us. Subject to your Splice Settings, you hereby grant us an unrestricted, assignable, sublicenseable, revocable, royalty-free license throughout the universe to Use all User Content you Post to the Service, through any media and formats now known or hereafter developed, for the purposes of (i) advertising, marketing, and promoting the Company and the Service; (ii) sharing information about your User Content with third parties and Third Party Sites, including Users; and (iii) Using your User Content on and through the Service as authorized in these Terms, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of Splicing.

You also grant us a royalty-free license to Use your name, image, voice, and likeness as made available by you or on your behalf through the Service in conjunction with advertising, marketing, or promoting you, your User Content, the Company, or the Service. For the avoidance of doubt, the rights granted in the preceding sentences of this Section 5.d include, but are not limited to, the right to reproduce sound recordings (and make mechanical reproductions of the musical works embodied in such sound recordings), and publicly perform sound recordings (and the musical works embodied therein), all on a royalty-free basis.

This means that you are granting us the right to Use your User Content without the obligation to pay royalties to any third party, including, but not limited to, a sound recording copyright owner (e.g., a record label), a musical work copyright owner (e.g., a music publisher), a PRO, a sound recording PRO (e.g., SoundExchange), any unions or guilds, and engineers, producers or other royalty participants involved in the creation of User Content.

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Section 5.d, if your User Content is a Track, then we will exercise our rights under this Section 5.d in a manner consistent with the Splice Setting you have chosen for such Track. For example, if you’ve indicated that a Track is Private, then we will exercise the rights to such Track under this Section 5.d in a manner consistent with your intent to keep it private (e.g., not use such Track to advertise, market, and promote the Company and the Service for so long as the Track is set to Private).
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BULLETHEAD Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:52 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
BULLETHEAD wrote:

I actually bought Serum through their rent to own offer. I think it was $10/mo. and you could pause at any given time and pick up where you left off when so desired. Also you could pay extra any time and you're able to update as well.[/quote]

READ THE TOS :lol: :lol: :lol: SLAVE LABOR and your paying them. Don't forget about the data they're collecting about the users.

d. License Grant From You to Us. Subject to your Splice Settings, you hereby grant us an unrestricted, assignable, sublicenseable, revocable, royalty-free license throughout the universe to Use all User Content you Post to the Service, through any media and formats now known or hereafter developed, for the purposes of (i) advertising, marketing, and promoting the Company and the Service; (ii) sharing information about your User Content with third parties and Third Party Sites, including Users; and (iii) Using your User Content on and through the Service as authorized in these Terms, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of Splicing.

You also grant us a royalty-free license to Use your name, image, voice, and likeness as made available by you or on your behalf through the Service in conjunction with advertising, marketing, or promoting you, your User Content, the Company, or the Service. For the avoidance of doubt, the rights granted in the preceding sentences of this Section 5.d include, but are not limited to, the right to reproduce sound recordings (and make mechanical reproductions of the musical works embodied in such sound recordings), and publicly perform sound recordings (and the musical works embodied therein), all on a royalty-free basis.

This means that you are granting us the right to Use your User Content without the obligation to pay royalties to any third party, including, but not limited to, a sound recording copyright owner (e.g., a record label), a musical work copyright owner (e.g., a music publisher), a PRO, a sound recording PRO (e.g., SoundExchange), any unions or guilds, and engineers, producers or other royalty participants involved in the creation of User Content.

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Section 5.d, if your User Content is a Track, then we will exercise our rights under this Section 5.d in a manner consistent with the Splice Setting you have chosen for such Track. For example, if you’ve indicated that a Track is Private, then we will exercise the rights to such Track under this Section 5.d in a manner consistent with your intent to keep it private (e.g., not use such Track to advertise, market, and promote the Company and the Service for so long as the Track is set to Private).[/quote]

Unless you're uploading and sharing tracks on their site, you don't have anything to worry about. I strictly use Splice to download samples and I've used their rent to own service for plugins as well.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:09 pm
BULLETHEAD wrote:Unless you're uploading and sharing tracks on their site, you don't have anything to worry about. I strictly use Splice to download samples and I've used their rent to own service for plugins as well.

You have a splice account, they are selling your data. They are also scanning your computer to see what music programs you have on your computer. So they can sell that DATA to the companies. I.E. Hey Avid, based off our users data, of the 100,000 splice users, we've found that 35,000 of them have this version of pro-tools installed and so on. :lol: :lol: They are making money from DATA, not selling or renting vsts.

Question: Did you need a paid splice account, in order to do the RTO on serum?
By Moho Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:45 pm
BBB wrote:Akai doesn't care about the customer who already paid good money for their products. Now they want to sell loops, and get in the new young kids

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter :lol: