MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BULLETHEAD Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:13 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
BULLETHEAD wrote:Unless you're uploading and sharing tracks on their site, you don't have anything to worry about. I strictly use Splice to download samples and I've used their rent to own service for plugins as well.

You have a splice account, they are selling your data. They are also scanning your computer to see what music programs you have on your computer. So they can sell that DATA to the companies. I.E. Hey Avid, based off our users data, of the 100,000 splice users, we've found that 35,000 of them have this version of pro-tools installed and so on. :lol: :lol: They are making money from DATA, not selling or renting vsts.

Question: Did you need a paid splice account, in order to do the RTO on serum?

As far my data being sold, you really can't stop that these days. Everyone's on the net in some form or fashion. I live in Alabama and this State has been selling our data/personal info to insurance companies and God only knows who else for years. I personally don't give a $%it, lol...I've been doing me for years, (although the royalty statements do seem to be getting smaller :lol: ), and I'm gonna continue to do so.

As far as I know, Splice is the only place that allows you to pay for Serum in that fashion....But anyway, I'm on vacation and me and this MPC X are getting real acquainted, lol....Can't make beats and hang on forums all day tongue wrestling about much of nothing. Make music my friend! 8)
By Danoc Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 am
Guess who partnered up with Splice? Presonus will now have Splice with it.

Dam Splice ain't playing, they are doing some serious business.

-------------------------

"We’ve partnered with Splice to make it easier for you to backup and share your Studio One project files! Splice Studio now supports Studio One project files - meaning once you’ve downloaded the Splice Studio Desktop application, you’ll be able to automatically back up your project files, access any saved version, and collaborate with others on your tracks.
With Splice Studio, you won’t have to deplete precious hard drive space on your session backups, struggle to return to a previous version, or tediously pass sessions back and forth via email ever again – and best of all, it’s entirely free."
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:40 am
Danoc wrote:The hell l just walk into an attorney assessment?

Charles&Charles LLP attorney's at law
:lol:

This is a move to Walmart/Amazon sound sets. Remember how sound cloud use to be, then they got the user base and FLIPPED a 360. Now they want to be a label, radio station, and charge you to upload music. I'll just sit back and watch from a far.

Nevertheless, Splice is great for people, who don't want to or know how to sculpt sounds. I've never been into the whole rent to own vst or pay for a subscription fee for sounds. SOUND LAYAWAY PLAN. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Bezo Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:19 pm
Yeah, there's a new culture being created. We may not participate, but many new to music will. They already are. That group is growing, ours is not. Unfortunately, it's reflected in the music.
Bymember04959388 Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:23 pm
I really don't give a **** about splice.
I am not going to use it and I am not going to mess up connecting Live to wifi.
I just wish Live becomes stable and that all modes can be used simoultaneously which is why I buy MpC Live for.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:06 pm
Bezo wrote:Yeah, there's a new culture being created. We may not participate, but many new to music will. They already are. That group is growing, ours is not. Unfortunately, it's reflected in the music.

Yeah, the subscription model only works when there is limit competition, however once more other companies do it. The quicker it falls apart.
By Danoc Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 pm
I have to agree. Im like this l shouldn't have to keep paying for something once l buy it.
Definitely not doing Wi-fi.

Frisbi wrote:I really don't give a **** about splice.
I am not going to use it and I am not going to mess up connecting Live to wifi.
I just wish Live becomes stable and that all modes can be used simoultaneously which is why I buy MpC Live for.
By Danoc Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 pm
Haaahaaa lol man you are certified crazy lol

CharlesRandolph wrote:
This is a move to Walmart/Amazon sound sets. Remember how sound cloud use to be, then they got the user base and FLIPPED a 360. Now they want to be a label, radio station, and charge you to upload music. I'll just sit back and watch from a far.

Nevertheless, Splice is great for people, who don't want to or know how to sculpt sounds. I've never been into the whole rent to own vst or pay for a subscription fee for sounds. SOUND LAYAWAY PLAN. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By richie Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:37 pm
I heard the new update is incompatible with snare wav files that were sampled in 2017. This sucks because I have so many snares I'm going to have to resample now. :(
By CharlesRandolph Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:22 am
Danoc wrote:Haaahaaa lol man you are certified crazy lol

I remember when
I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place
Even your emotions have an echo in so much space
And when you're out there, without care
Yeah I was out of touch
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
I just knew too much
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?