MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By masada2502 Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:46 pm
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo9xY-kHpbM ... hare_sheet

https://press.soundsandgear.com/akai-an ... I9cYZxwt8c

Cumberland, RI USA (October 15, 2018) — Akai Professional, a leading manufacturer of music equipment for performers and producers, today announced they are partnering with the music creation platform Splice. The combination of Akai Professional’s cutting-edge music hardware technology with Splice’s vast, royalty- free sample library will result in powerful production tools that give music creators an unprecedented amount of creative possibilities in an intuitive workflow.
Bymember04959388 Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:34 pm
Well, honestly I am not so excited about having more samples to download since I use my own samples and I never liked to work with other one samples.
I hope the new update will not focus on that but more on improving Live workflow and fix bugs
By Bezo Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm
Frisbi wrote:...I hope the new update will not focus on that but more on improving Live workflow and fix bugs
Good luck to us all!
Bymember04959388 Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:04 pm
Bezo wrote:
Frisbi wrote:...I hope the new update will not focus on that but more on improving Live workflow and fix bugs
Good luck to us all!

Yes you are right. I sometimes wonder if Akai is managed by crazy people or what.
I mean, they could have a dream device if they fix all that is inside Live but they lose time and energy for sample libraries.
Come on.
By Certified Beatz Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 pm
Nice Ideas but myself I have a life full of samples I been a hoarder for the past 10 years.. so no need to spend $8 - $14 dollars a month for lazy web diggers sounds..
By Eyalc Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:12 pm
This is another one of those :hmmm: features that makes me question how much time this integration took away from the fixes that are base functionality that should already be in the Live and X.

I get it - sitting in a coffee shop... no laptop to download new sounds. Connect to wifi, go to Splice and find the sample you want. Not something I'll EVER do. But I get it - but I guess someone will.

Sorry for being a downer here. I just don't like the fact that for a sampler / sequencer that falls short of basic features that sampler / sequencer in 2018 should have, to know they spent time and resources integrating with Splice is disappointing and feels misguided. IMO this should have been WAY down on the priority list. Plus given that we know Akai has a history of abandoning platforms, it would suck to see them abandon these, KNOWING there are features and capabilities that should be there... but I can connect to Splice.

Anyway, back to making music. New Blue Soul Ten project underway. I got songs to write.
By Danoc Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:34 am
See. I told yall last week when someone told me Akai has more than one team. Its hard to tell.
By Cockdiesel Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:03 am
Can we give them this; if they make these partnerships and if they make these things the very best they can, we can overlook these small distractions?

If they are committed they are going to need working capital to move forward. Especially if we sit here and talk shit on a forum based around their products.
By Danoc Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:38 am
Well if you paid for an item that's $1,199 and get it and it has glitches and touch screen problems wood you not be pissed?

Now if Akai did what they were suppose to do more people wood have faith and bought into the machines . the fauth in Akai is waning real fast. They know it.

When people have feasible complaints that's not talking crap that's telling it like it is.

Cockdiesel wrote:Can we give them this; if they make these partnerships and if they make these things the very best they can, we can overlook these small distractions?

If they are committed they are going to need working capital to move forward. Especially if we sit here and talk **** on a forum based around their products.
By psoul Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 am
[/quote]
Yes you are right. I sometimes wonder if Akai is managed by crazy people or what.
I mean, they could have a dream device if they fix all that is inside Live but they lose time and energy for sample libraries.
Come on.[/quote]

lol i'm sure they are crazy for real
i can understand we live in a period where marketing is essential. blablabla finding new customers blablabla
but at least don't use MPC name on it if u have to take out a lot of MPC functions.... if u use MPC **** hell just don't take out the best features of almost all the MPC to install a **** stupid samples selling things that will make music even shitter...
By BBB Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:59 am
Eyalc wrote:I get it - sitting in a coffee shop... no laptop to download new sounds. Connect to wifi, go to Splice and find the sample you want. Not something I'll EVER do. But I get it - but I guess someone will.

Thats not how it works. It will only sync what you have already downloaded through their website. So you cant browse for new sounds on the hardware.

They just want to sell us more samples, just like their piece of shit website http://expansion.exchange/
By Fanu Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:27 am
Do not hate on companies selling samples to users: that's a big part of today's revenue.
Remember, companies need that revenue to keep going.
Even our beloved MPC Tutor sells samples to keep things rolling (remember to support his work!).

It's not like you *have* to buy samples if you don't want to.
It's like, some people like to cook as much as they can, while others buy food that's pre-made.

Of course we all wish that basic core functionality will get developed and pushed, too.
By Cockdiesel Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 am
I’m not saying we shouldn’t post our issues, but at a point it becomes obsessive with the nitpicking. It does have an effect on products sold.

Just saying.
By kaydigi Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:58 am
BBB wrote:
Eyalc wrote:I get it - sitting in a coffee shop... no laptop to download new sounds. Connect to wifi, go to Splice and find the sample you want. Not something I'll EVER do. But I get it - but I guess someone will.

Thats not how it works. It will only sync what you have already downloaded through their website. So you cant browse for new sounds on the hardware.

They just want to sell us more samples, just like their piece of **** website http://expansion.exchange/

What, you can’t browse new sounds? Wow.
By dez perado Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:03 pm
Frisbi wrote:Well, honestly I am not so excited about having more samples to download since I use my own samples and I never liked to work with other one samples.
I hope the new update will not focus on that but more on improving Live workflow and fix bugs

Im with you on this one