MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NoMansLand91 Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:26 pm
I have recently bought an MPC live being relatively new to beat making I've only used Maschine before, after spending some time with the it and slowly starting to work things out I'm struggling to mix a drum break in stand alone mode.

I can add effects and processing to the whole drum break but is it possible to add them to each individual pad so I can separately compress each hit or is this something I would have to export the drum file to do?

I've also found there isn't loads of help online that I've come across for the simple things does anybody know of any youtube channels or websites on top of this one I could go to to possibly learn some more about it as I run into more issues?
By kaydigi Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:34 pm
NoMansLand91 wrote:I have recently bought an MPC live being relatively new to beat making I've only used Maschine before, after spending some time with the it and slowly starting to work things out I'm struggling to mix a drum break in stand alone mode.

I can add effects and processing to the whole drum break but is it possible to add them to each individual pad so I can separately compress each hit or is this something I would have to export the drum file to do?

I've also found there isn't loads of help online that I've come across for the simple things does anybody know of any youtube channels or websites on top of this one I could go to to possibly learn some more about it as I run into more issues?

Tutor’s bible will help you immensely. He runs this site and there should be a link on the top of this site.

You have to go into the pad mixer and then you can add effects to individual pads. You can have 4 effects per pads.

You can also set up a sub mixer and route certain pads to that effect.

Buy the Bible it’s really in-depth.
By NoMansLand91 Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:38 pm
kaydigi wrote:
NoMansLand91 wrote:I have recently bought an MPC live being relatively new to beat making I've only used Maschine before, after spending some time with the it and slowly starting to work things out I'm struggling to mix a drum break in stand alone mode.

Tutor’s bible will help you immensely. He runs this site and there should be a link on the top of this site.

You have to go into the pad mixer and then you can add effects to individual pads. You can have 4 effects per pads.

You can also set up a sub mixer and route certain pads to that effect.

Buy the Bible it’s really in-depth.

thats so obvious I can't believe I missed that option! thank you

I've literally just seen the mpc bible post after I posted this
By Danoc Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:50 pm
To answer your question, yes you can mix in the MPC Live.