MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dryad-66 Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:49 pm
Got an 'X' here with me right now and just the ffilter cutoff Qlink is not always controlling the knob on the screen,its a bit jerky and does not always sweep,has too catch up sometimes.Its basically acting a bit flaky.All the others are fine.And that q link works fine in other duties.Just upgraded from 2,05 to 2,22 or summink and no change.Is this 'normal :hmmm: ' because it would seem software based.Cheers
By Crumb$ Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:38 pm
I'm not 100% sure this is the same issue but ever since I've had my Live (about 7months) I've noticed that sometimes I need to twiddle a Qlink knob to make it active. I wasn't sure if it was a touch sensitive thing and I never got round to asking about it or tracking it down to any specific menu.

Is that the same issue? I think thats been an issue for me over two firmware updates.
By dryad-66 Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:18 pm
Crumb$ wrote:I'm not 100% sure this is the same issue but ever since I've had my Live (about 7months) I've noticed that sometimes I need to twiddle a Qlink knob to make it active. I wasn't sure if it was a touch sensitive thing and I never got round to asking about it or tracking it down to any specific menu.

Is that the same issue? I think thats been an issue for me over two firmware updates.

Yes its the same thing.It needs to wake up.Cant believe people are paying full price for these things with obvious problems like this.And i dont see it mentioned much or if at all.I just checked the one in the shop and same thing so its a part of the 'character' lol.My machine was 2.05 and did it and now with the recent update too.On my MPC5000 when i turn a knob of move slider there is no wait time ect.Rock solid.Its not the end of the world but sloppy !!!!!
By Crumb$ Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:23 am
dryad-66 wrote:Yes its the same thing.It needs to wake up.Cant believe people are paying full price for these things with obvious problems like this. Its not the end of the world but sloppy !!!!!

Yeah, I hear you... but, this is still a cool stealthy black box of music. I'm in South America for a few months and this thing fits in my bag. It runs off a good battery. And its fun to make music on. ...so I'm very forgiving of these short comings. I've been meaning to look in to this problem for months now so this thread at least confirmed for me that it's an issue. I'll probably post on the Akai support page to see if they address it... who knows?