MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By justineastwick Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:19 pm
So, my MPC Live won’t allow me to select my iXpand flash drive or the MPC’s internal drive after this firmware update. I don’t know what the **** is up with Akai...

EDIT: I went back to firmware 2.2 - this version was the most stable for my MPC Live. The only issue I was experiencing was the user templates not loading due to me deleting the associated folder.
Last edited by justineastwick on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Crumb$ Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:20 pm
Pads wrote:I was getting the “black screen of death” with my Live from having a ssd installed - uninstalling that allowed the Live to boot properly and resetting the device from within the configuration menu allowed the Live to boot fine with a ssd installed afterwards.

HOWEVER, whatever settings I had would get reset to default every time I turned the Live on. Nothing ever stayed to what I set it to if I turned the Live off and back on again.

Thats weird. My Live was working fine until it fell from a great height and got a ding in the back plate. From that point it would boot to a black screen with the lights blinking on and off. If I took the SD card out it was ok. A reset made everything ok, except that I can't save any default settings.

Thats where I'm at right now. I'm on 2.2.1 and away from home for a few months. I just managed to find a USB-b 3 cable and am waiting for the 2.2.3 to download. Hopefully this will fix it.

...weird how the knock caused the issue to start though. :smoker:

(edit) I've done the firmware update and it hasn't fixed the issue I was experiencing. Default settings will still not save. I just want to remind you that I only started having that issue after I did a reset from the preferences menu. And I only did that because I was having the black screen when I connected a SD card, or a USB stick. ....and that ONLY started after my MPC Live got dropped.

One more thing... Although it now boots in 16 seconds, it goes straight to the demo screen without asking me to press the button to complete the boot. That may result in few flat batteries if it doesn't get fixed. Any one else had that issue?
By Cockdiesel Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:05 am
I just noticed the bugs they addressed with the update where part of the recent complaints I was seeing the last few weeks both here and on gs.

Perhaps akai is really paying attention, because it seems that the issues came up and they released a bug fix pretty quickly.

I guess that means we should be pretty vocal about issues we see surface. I’ve had an issue where after I messed with a old project to edit the samples now when I load it from the main screen everything seems fine but no sound out of the mains. Now if I load a empty project and load it, it works fine. It could be something I saved into my settings but I can’t find it and it works one way. I did however mess with the programs some. I had to chop some long waves into the pads and there’s a lot of long samples saved to it but nothing really on the pads except the sample I just broke down. I save it and make a new one with another broken down sample.
By sinik Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:52 am
installed 2.2.3 yesterday on my mpc.
still having the exact same issue with long boot-up and non saving preferences.

anybody else?

so fed up with akai...
By Certified Beatz Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:28 pm
sinik wrote:installed 2.2.3 yesterday on my mpc.

anybody else?

so fed up with akai...

Depending on the size of the samples i use in controller mode nothing to complaint about for me at least..
By bredal187 Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:20 pm

anybody else?

so fed up with akai...

Did you check it updated? I had to run the update twice before it said 2.2.3 under info
By SupremeSoulstice Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:01 pm

anybody else?

so fed up with akai...

Did you have a sd card inside or an external hd connected? I had this same issue once after updating firmware and then my unit randomly crashed after setting up a new project. Crazy long boot up and preferences wouldn’t save. I ended up contacting Akai and they sent me a new unit, giving me the instructions when updating to not have any peripherals plugged in outside of the usb that comes with. If it’s still under warranty contact them. Got my new one a few days later.
By Oblizz Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:22 pm
Noticing some slowdown and freezing on the sampling, sample edit, and sequencing after updating the Live.

Almost zero issues before updating to this firmware.

[Edit] Went ahead and downgraded back to the last firmware I was using (2.2), and it's back to normal working condition. No slowing at all, so something in the new update is probably messing with something..
By Danoc Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:14 am
Hmmmm :hmmm: that's deep. I will leave mines at 2.2.1.
Akai should update the software and firmware with the same numbers.

Oblizz wrote:Noticing some slowdown and freezing on the sampling, sample edit, and sequencing after updating the Live.

Almost zero issues before updating to this firmware.

[Edit] Went ahead and downgraded back to the last firmware I was using (2.2), and it's back to normal working condition. No slowing at all, so something in the new update is probably messing with something..
By Zack Zerox Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:12 am
Crumb$ wrote:One more thing... Although it now boots in 16 seconds, it goes straight to the demo screen without asking me to press the button to complete the boot. That may result in few flat batteries if it doesn't get fixed. Any one else had that issue?

There was a preference setting for that, I believe. You may be able to switch the behaviour back on.