MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:45 pm
Hmmm, what is considered normal boot time? Coming from the Touch, I didn't think anything of it, but my Live does take a second to boot. No where near 2-3 minutes, but longer than I was accustomed to.

Unless my boot time is actually slow, I may hold off updating. I'm behind on Mac, Logic & MPC updates and want to plan accordingly. Having an instrument that I want updated for features may ruin my set & forget practices of the past.
By kaydigi Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:20 pm
Bezo wrote:Hmmm, what is considered normal boot time? Coming from the Touch, I didn't think anything of it, but my Live does take a second to boot. No where near 2-3 minutes, but longer than I was accustomed to.

Unless my boot time is actually slow, I may hold off updating. I'm behind on Mac, Logic & MPC updates and want to plan accordingly. Having an instrument that I want updated for features may ruin my set & forget practices of the past.

Normal boot time is about 25seconds to a little over a minute.
By sinik Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:43 pm
SupremeSoulstice wrote:
sinik wrote:installed 2.2.3 yesterday on my mpc.
still having the exact same issue with long boot-up and non saving preferences.

anybody else?

so fed up with akai...

Did you have a sd card inside or an external hd connected? I had this same issue once after updating firmware and then my unit randomly crashed after setting up a new project. Crazy long boot up and preferences wouldn’t save. I ended up contacting Akai and they sent me a new unit, giving me the instructions when updating to not have any peripherals plugged in outside of the usb that comes with. If it’s still under warranty contact them. Got my new one a few days later.

i do have a samsung ssd inside (850 evo). will try it your way when i have the time for it.
so they basically tell you to remove your internal ssd every time you update huh? that sounds so wrong... :Sigh:
By SupremeSoulstice Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:52 pm
sinik wrote:i do have a samsung ssd inside (850 evo). will try it your way when i have the time for it.
so they basically tell you to remove your internal ssd every time you update huh? that sounds so wrong... :Sigh:

Not to be confused with the ssd card inside the unit. I’m speaking of the one that goes in your storage slot. They recommended no having anything inside the storage update while updating. As well as upon initial boot up. Good luck brother
By AWW~NAWW Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:36 am
I F_cking hate you asskai! How hard is it to get the xyfx to save and load back up just as it was saved? Weak sauce! I went back to 2.1 thanks for nothing
By zangetsu01 Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:25 am
I'm still on 2.1 MPC software.. 2.2+ is messing up the automation of my 2.1 projects. Now that 2.2.3 firmware is out, isn't it time for 2.2.3 or 2.3 MPC Software??
By xparis001 Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:54 pm
AWW~NAWW wrote:How hard is it to get the xyfx to save and load back up just as it was saved? Weak sauce! I went back to 2.1 thanks for nothing

I just tried it here and it's working. what exactly were you trying to do that didn't work?

AWW~NAWW wrote:I F_cking hate you asskai!

well, we love you! ...this is awkward
By Bezo Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:59 pm
xparis001 wrote:
AWW~NAWW wrote:How hard is it to get the xyfx to save and load back up just as it was saved? Weak sauce! I went back to 2.1 thanks for nothing

I just tried it here and it's working. what exactly were you trying to do that didn't work?

Ha!

And now that I know who you are, good to see you here as well. I was wondering why there was "official" support on Gearslutz & not here.
By xparis001 Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:12 pm
Bezo wrote:And now that I know who you are, good to see you here as well. I was wondering why there was "official" support on Gearslutz & not here.

gearsluts isnt official. I hang out in the classifieds section mostly looking for vintage stuff, so I pop in. "official" support is through our tech support dept.
By Bezo Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:18 pm
xparis001 wrote:
Bezo wrote:And now that I know who you are, good to see you here as well. I was wondering why there was "official" support on Gearslutz & not here.

gearsluts isnt official. I hang out in the classifieds section mostly looking for vintage stuff, so I pop in. "official" support is through our tech support dept.
I got it. I probably should've just said unofficial instead of using quotes. Either way, good to get direct communication in any capacity.
By hansjbs Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:21 pm
xparis001 wrote:

As an engineer, I deal with pissed off customers from time to time but I dunno if i would be able to do your job and deal with all tjis negativity!! Glad you're here.
By AWW~NAWW Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:34 am
xparis001 wrote:

Ok here it is. I'll have a track where I'll want to add the an effect via xyfx. I'll go to the xy effects page and select program at the top of the page. (The default is "Outputs 1/2") The I'll select an effect like Flanger or Phaser. (The default is "Beat Repeat LPF".) From there I'll turn the Automation "Write" located on the top right.(The default it set to "Read") Then I'll record my performance, save my work, and shut down my mpclive. When I go back to reboot and reload the project where the xy effects were placed it reverts the selected effect back to the default "Beat Repeat LPF" and I'll have to go through each sequence and each track with the xy effects on them and try to figure out what it was I before I did the save and shutdown of my mpc. The only firmware version where this is not an issue is 2.1.

Hope this explains my frustration.
By xparis001 Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:59 pm
AWW~NAWW wrote:Ok here it is. I'll have a track where I'll want to add the an effect via xyfx. I'll go to the xy effects page and select program at the top of the page. (The default is "Outputs 1/2") The I'll select an effect like Flanger or Phaser. (The default is "Beat Repeat LPF".) From there I'll turn the Automation "Write" located on the top right.(The default it set to "Read") Then I'll record my performance, save my work, and shut down my mpclive. When I go back to reboot and reload the project where the xy effects were placed it reverts the selected effect back to the default "Beat Repeat LPF" and I'll have to go through each sequence and each track with the xy effects on them and try to figure out what it was I before I did the save and shutdown of my mpc. The only firmware version where this is not an issue is 2.1.

Hope this explains my frustration.

thank you, I appreciate the detailed explanation. I'll make sure to forward this on to our QA team, and we'll take a look. I'll PM you if we need any more details. thanks again!