MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:41 am
The thing I noticed is Dave smith, Dave rossum and roger linn all seem to help each other out. If you didn’t know rossum had a hand in the making of the prophet x. My guess is more in the data heavy deep sampling paired with the expressiveness that roger seems to focus on.

More like his linnstrument with an addition to some of this newer high end sampling tech.

When I say this stuff sounds good, I mean really really good.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 am
Cockdiesel wrote:The thing I noticed is Dave smith, Dave rossum and roger linn all seem to help each other out. If you didn’t know rossum had a hand in the making of the prophet x. My guess is more in the data heavy deep sampling paired with the expressiveness that roger seems to focus on.

More like his linnstrument with an addition to some of this newer high end sampling tech.

When I say this stuff sounds good, I mean really really good.

I like the fact that he stated, that he wanted to make it easier to create music. As well as not just making old machine....he's forward thinking. :nod:
By Cockdiesel Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:51 am
When he said that I imagined the machine i described with the workflow of the music never stopping like on the new pioneers, which Dave smith had a hand in.

Yea when he said expressiveness for making BEATS, I knew he’s got some serious stuff up his sleeve.
By Danoc Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:02 am
:WTF: :lol: by the time he comes with that l'll be 90 years old on my way out of this Akai forsaken planet lol

Fanu wrote:30–40 years later it's time for a model 2.
Hmmm.
By Danoc Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 am
Ok R. Linn needs to stop!

I would never buy into that Linnstrument. It doesn't look exciting.
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/

That thing looks like the new digital version of " YOU SANKED MY BATTLESHIP "
A whole lotta people isn't going to buy into that. WTF is he thinking? We don't need another Push XL! Crazy!
By Danoc Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 am
mr_debauch wrote:the linnstrument is nothing at all like the push... it is not the same type of product at all.

From what all the talk is about uts better than the Push. Plus l was being sarcastic as a motha trucka :-)
By Bezo Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:33 pm
The Tempest is cool. I wouldn't doubt Linn coming with good comp for the Live. Hopefully he's in line with MY dream instrument.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:29 pm
Danoc wrote:Ok R. Linn needs to stop!

I would never buy into that Linnstrument. It doesn't look exciting.
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/

That thing looks like the new digital version of " YOU SANKED MY BATTLESHIP "
A whole lotta people isn't going to buy into that. WTF is he thinking? We don't need another Push XL! Crazy!

Be careful unless you want Mr. Linn, to install the MPC 60 OS with a gross beats plug in on your MPC LIve. :lol: