MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:48 am
Machine at this point in life and making money l will not depend solely on Akai. I use the live for l use if for and keep it pushing.
If Akai is not at top level they would be worse at trying to make a machine that's a DAW. This is what guys wanna push for. I have no need for a standalone DAW , l have one already its called being ITB and Reason 10.1 :-)
Akai is Akai , lm not going to waste time on their staff not doing what they need to do. They can mess around if they want to and be out business.
By oli@bass Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:32 am
smellypants wrote:It would also make mpc-forums the official place for confirmed and repeatable bugs

That‘s exactly what users do on the official Akai forum. And there‘s even some interaction with Akai staff... no need for another channel.
By oli@bass Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:36 am
machinesworking wrote:You fix a bunch of bugs, great, you don't document any of it, or only a few, and this is how it works whether it's one guy or Apple, Microsoft etc. End users basically report to each other which are fixed or not...

Generally those bugs are very well documented and tracked within the dev teams. And many more that are not known to the public. Some of them rather old, some of them security issues. That’s why companies don‘t want to list everything in public.

If you want transparency, use Open Source software exclusively.
By machinesworking Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:29 pm
oli@bass wrote:
machinesworking wrote:You fix a bunch of bugs, great, you don't document any of it, or only a few, and this is how it works whether it's one guy or Apple, Microsoft etc. End users basically report to each other which are fixed or not...

Generally those bugs are very well documented and tracked within the dev teams. And many more that are not known to the public. Some of them rather old, some of them security issues. That’s why companies don‘t want to list everything in public.

If you want transparency, use Open Source software exclusively.

You're not getting what I'm saying. I don't expect any company to document every known bug that's not fixed in an update. Nobody even bothers to fully report the bugs they do fix. I just find that bizarre, even if it's an industry standard at this point.
By SupremeSoulstice Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:16 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:XYFX seem to be broken. Basically every time I write XYFX to any point in my sequence, the MPC is sticking a bunch of XYFX events at the very beginning of the sequence. For example, even if I very carefully ensure that no automation can be written to the start of my sequence, the MPC writes it there regardless. e.g.

- 8 bar sequence
- enable XYFX on a program
- set automation to R
- press PLAY START
- at around bar 3, set automation to W and begin recording a few bars of xyfx automation
- at bar 7 set automation to R and stop

In the above, the MPC should only possibly write automation data between bars 3 and 7. However, the result everytime without fail is that the MPC writes a bunch of XYFX events at 01.01.000, therefore causing the XYFX to begin immediately. Here's the result of a tape stop I recorded at the start of bar 3:

In this particular sequence (which had a piano chord triggered at bar 1 and 3) this has the effect of triggering a tape stop twice, first at bar 1 and then at bar 3. The intent was only to have the tape stop at bar 3.

The fix is to either completely ERASE that uninvited data, or set the 'enable' value at 01.01.000 to '0' at the start of any series of xyfx that you don't want. As you can see, there is also an enable event at 03:01:032 which will correctly enable the originally intended XYFX.

How did this ever get missed during beta testing? It happens every time without fail for me, there's no way to avoid it as far as I can see. Does this all tally with what everyone else is experiencing?

I'm also finding that XYFX data recorded in previous versions isn't playing nicely. It seems that the 'setup' config is being re-initialised. For example in the MPC Bible I originally recorded a filter sweep using the 'LPF Manual' preset (this was probably originally recorded using 2.05). When that project is now loaded into 2.3, the XYFX 'setup' for that program is showing as 'beat repeat LPF', which messes up the sweep.

Setting back to LPF Manual and re-saving fixes it though.

Copy and pasted over on Gearslutz just incase Dan, aka Xparis doesn't see this here. Tutor you should post this over there as well.. I wasn't able to include your pic over there..
By Bougie Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:42 pm
New mpc live owner here, Im having a hard time accessing external drives from the browser. I have a SD card in and it shows up, but I need to press the drive several times from the browser to access it, same with an external usb drive. Anybody else having the same issue?
By kaydigi Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:54 am
Bougie wrote:New mpc live owner here, Im having a hard time accessing external drives from the browser. I have a SD card in and it shows up, but I need to press the drive several times from the browser to access it, same with an external usb drive. Anybody else having the same issue?

Did you update the firmware to version 2.3?
By Bougie Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:49 pm
Yes its on 2.3. I'm opening a ticket with akai, hopefully its a software bug and not a defect.
By Sicko Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:45 pm
Hi everyone,
I haven’t faced the problems tou describe yet... but i’m struggling understanding something with the synth plugins.. it seems that you gave a limited number of programms available ( less than 10) .. meaning that you can have a limited number of tracks to play with thise synths
For example i have
tr1- prog basseline 01
Tr2 - electric 02
Tr3 - basseline 03 (different preset)
Tr4- tubesynth 04
Tr5- tubesynth 05
Tr6-electric 06
Etc.. îm coming close to the limit..
is that right ? i ´m in standalone

Thank you
By Crumb$ Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:22 am
2.3 has solved my slow boot up time and also solved the issue of defaults not saving, so praise the lords for that... :worthy:

Got one issue though... I've been using the arpeggiator and I can't seem to switch it off. I can un-enable it but it just comes straight back on. Am I missing something or is it a bug? Tried saving and re-booting but the same thing happens.
By Bougie Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm
Crumb$ wrote:2.3 has solved my slow boot up time and also solved the issue of defaults not saving, so praise the lords for that... :worthy:

Got one issue though... I've been using the arpeggiator and I can't seem to switch it off. I can un-enable it but it just comes straight back on. Am I missing something or is it a bug? Tried saving and re-booting but the same thing happens.

Don't have this issue, the note repeat is momentary and shift+note repeat will latch it. if you click on the ARP menu you can enable/disable the latch also.

Update on the issue I mentionned above, akai ended up sending me a replacement unit.
By Caustic Yoda Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:46 pm
if only shift button could be used to latch/hold a note on pad, this seems like it would be really really easy to implement and is main basic sampler function that is missing from current and prev mpc software, was totally do able on mpc1000/2500 and every other sampler ive used.