MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Theary Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:12 am
Hi, I am doing the MPC tutorials from the MPC X and MPC Live bible.

I have a MPC Live and am accessing the tutorial files from an external hard drive connected to the MPC which i saved all the tutorials to.

When loading some of the tutorial projects, for example, the audio tracks.xpj file in chapter 12, upon loading an error message displays saying the "MPC project Failed to Load".

This only seems to happen for some projects as most earlier tutorial projects did not have any issue. I have pretty much all the memory available out of the box so there should not be a memory issue.

I am not sure if the tutorial files are corrupted ( i doubt that) or if this is a MPC bug?

Any advice would be appreciated.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:15 am
Hi

I've just double checked that project (audio tracks.xpj) and it's loading without problem, I also checked a few others later in the book and they are all loading without problem in the latest firmware 2.3 so the issue would seem related to something in your set up.

Which firmware are you running (MENU > PREFERENCES > INFO) ? It's possible that if you are running anything less than firmware 2.1 then the projects in the book might not be compatible as I believe they did make changes to the project file structure in 2.1.

Otherwise, please try a different drive using the files extracted from the original zip file you downloaded, just to rule out a corrupted disk. But that error message is normally related to an incompatibility, I normally see it if I accidently load a 2.x project in MPC software 1.9
By Theary Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:37 am
Hi

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it.

I am on firmware 2.0.5.

Do i need to upgrade the software? And if so, are you able to advise how? That would be appreciated.

Also, on a separate note, when i access the Q-link interface by holding the Q-Link button, i would like for the Q-Link screen to stay displayed. Currently i have to hold the Q-Link button all the time which is not very practical.

I checked your tutorial but maybe i missed this.

Thanks again
By Theary Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:56 am
Hi

I have tried to update the firmware but i am getting some licensing issue when i try to run the update on MAC.

I am the first owner of the MPC so i dont understand why i need a license. When i try to buy a license from the link, the webpage is down so i cannot obtain a license.

I have written to AKAI support for assistance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
By MPC-Tutor Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:07 am
You don't need to buy a license, but you might need to enter an iok license code into the MPC Software on your Mac, that license code should be in your Akai pro account after registering your MPC Live with Akai, it's included as part of your MPC Live purchase. Akai support will advise on the exact issue though.
By Theary Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:12 am
Ignore the above...got it figured.

Thanks for your help. Ill try to keep going with your tutorials.

Cheers