MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SFTRAXx Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:38 pm
Whats good y'all!

So the issue I'm having is that when trying to use the autosampler to sample a kontakt patch (key group program) the triggered sound is only being triggered and recorded as a glitch (meaning only a small piece is being recorded) I posted a vid in the FB Akai MPC Live/X group for those of you who want to see it demonstrated. https://www.facebook.com/sftraxx1/videos/2137275779650635/

Any suggestions are welcome.

Peace
By kaydigi Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:43 pm
Using Kontakt 6 windows 10, I was able to record a flute patch via the autosampler with default settings. No problems on my side.

Someone else on this forum said they had the same issue as you though and copy protection was mentioned as a possibility, Maybe try a reinstall of kontakt itself?
By SFTRAXx Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:17 am
I've tried a few different patches and some worked while others didn't which makes me think that its a setting in the actual kontakt patch.

Update: I started playing with the patch's individual settings and was able to get the full notes triggered but they were triggering late.

When i figure it out i'll let you guys know.
By SFTRAXx Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:27 am
Thanks for the suggestion but the issue was present in Kontakt 5.

Again: It didn't happen with all the patches which leads me to believe its patch specific versus Kontakt related.
By oli@bass Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:34 pm
Wild guess: Kontakt lags because it has not yet loaded all the Samples into memory.

Did you try to play all the notes you want to sample, before starting AutoSampler?
By SFTRAXx Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:07 am
Sup y'all!

Just wanted to share the solution.

If you are having this problem click the wrench to access the "Instrument Options" for that particular patch and then turn off the "Accept all notes off / all sounds off"

Cheers!
By Bezo Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:42 pm
SFTRAXx wrote:Sup y'all!

If you are having this problem click the wrench to access the "Instrument Options" for that particular patch and then turn off the "Accept all notes off / all sounds off"

Cheers!
Sweet!

Now if Akai could just add a drum program option to Autosample...
By SFTRAXx Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:18 pm
Bezo wrote:
SFTRAXx wrote:Sup y'all!

Cheers!
Sweet!

Now if Akai could just add a drum program option to Autosample...

You know, if you set the appropriate note range you can sample your kits easily.

Or you can always "save current program".
By Bezo Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:56 pm
SFTRAXx wrote:
Bezo wrote:...Now if Akai could just add a drum program option to Autosample...

You know, if you set the appropriate note range you can sample your kits easily.

Or you can always "save current program".
But it results in a keygroup. What do you suggest for the most efficient way to end up with a drum group?

Maybe I abandoned this too quickly.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:18 pm
I don't understand why you would autosample an already sample-based drum kit, why not just resave the original kontakt instrument with 'compress samples' unchecked and then just drag the required samples over to a blank drum program in your MPC. Would only take a couple of minutes to set up (i.e. 16 pads, 4 layers per pad).
By Bezo Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:07 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:...why not just resave the original kontakt instrument with 'compress samples' unchecked and then just drag the required samples over to a blank drum program in your MPC. Would only take a couple of minutes to set up (i.e. 16 pads, 4 layers per pad).
:worthy: Because I was unaware this could be done or how to do it. Assuming this is a bit more involved than your brief explanation, I'm going to look into the details and get on this, unless it's THAT simple. Thanks for the heads up!

Is this a common feature for drum VIs? Does Superior Drummer 3 have a similar feature, for example?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:40 pm
It's a feature of Kontakt - load an instrument and from the 'Files' button select 'Save Multi As'. On the save screen there should be a 'compress samples' option. With that enabled it saves all the sounds in a proprietary compression format that only Kontakt can read, but uncheck it and it will create a big fat folder of WAV samples which hopefully the developer originally named in a logical way. You can then pick 4 dynamic layers from each articulation to load into your program.

I assume it's available for all Kontakt instruments, but perhaps some have this option disabled, like a copy protection perhaps.
By Bezo Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:53 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:It's a feature of Kontakt - load an instrument and from the 'Files' button select 'Save Multi As'. On the save screen there should be a 'compress samples' option. With that enabled it saves all the sounds in a proprietary compression format that only Kontakt can read, but uncheck it and it will create a big fat folder of WAV samples which hopefully the developer originally named in a logical way. You can then pick 4 dynamic layers from each articulation to load into your program.

I assume it's available for all Kontakt instruments, but perhaps some have this option disabled, like a copy protection perhaps.
Sweet! Sounds easy enough, and much quicker than Autosampling. Thanks!