MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:It's a feature of Kontakt - load an instrument and from the 'Files' button select 'Save Multi As'. On the save screen there should be a 'compress samples' option. With that enabled it saves all the sounds in a proprietary compression format that only Kontakt can read, but uncheck it and it will create a big fat folder of WAV samples which hopefully the developer originally named in a logical way. You can then pick 4 dynamic layers from each articulation to load into your program.

I assume it's available for all Kontakt instruments, but perhaps some have this option disabled, like a copy protection perhaps.
Finally got around to trying this. The only Kontakt library I could get it to work with was Battery, and there's no need as the samples are already provided. Every other library grayed out 1 or both related options that would allow saving the samples.
By Monotremata Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:01 pm
Theyre probably fairly new libraries. When 5.8 moved to the Native Access thing, everything got locked down tight on new libraries that were released. Ive got old ones that wont work anymore in 6, and I notice places like Zero-G now are stating you have to have the new versions that use NA to use their libs now.
By Bezo Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:34 pm
Monotremata wrote:Theyre probably fairly new libraries. When 5.8 moved to the Native Access thing, everything got locked down tight on new libraries that were released. Ive got old ones that wont work anymore in 6, and I notice places like Zero-G now are stating you have to have the new versions that use NA to use their libs now.
I tried with Abbey Road Drummer Collection, Studio & Vintage Drummer, DrumLab, Maschine Drum Selection and one 3rd party drum VI. But yeah, this is in Kontakt 6.

I'm going to try the percussion & cinematic drums just in case, but I don't expect them to work.

Somewhat related, taking some of the sting away, I recently found out that drum program pads & notes are not sequential like keygroups (I've been using the Live exclusively in controller mode with VSTs, and my Program experience is limited to my Z4 & keygroups). I use a custom MIDI map for finger drumming. Drum Programs will be more for sketching in stand alone mode on the road, replaced by drum VSTs later. This planned workflow just got less convenient, so I'm not as enthused to create all these drum programs.
By lordradish Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:23 am
I know this thread is kind of old, but is anyone still having problems with the autosampler and Kontakt? I've tried both 5 and 6, and I also made sure that box was unchecked that was mentioned earlier in the thread, I just end up with a bunch of blank samples.
By cubilas Tue May 17, 2022 3:24 pm
Bezo wrote:Now if Akai could just add a drum program option to Autosample...

You can create a keygroup program, then open the XPM in a text editor and change the <Program type="Keygroup"> value from Keygroup to Drum