MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ajarson Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:49 pm
MPC60, 1000, 500 owner here, I also have an Octatrack :vomit: lol. The autosampler feature is something thats really wanting me to get a Live, but also to use as a "backing track"/resampler for live use, as thats what the OT does mainly for me at this point.

I'm really dying to know how well the looping functions after synths are multisampled. The automation of sampling is pretty great especially with velocity layers, but when resampling synths, LOOPING is the most important part to me in terms of properly emulating the instrument. What's so great about automated sampling if you are going to have to fuss with the loops forever. I would love to see someone take a simple sine or saw wave patch and show this.

On the S1000, and even on the S612, the units were extremely good at finding loop points automatically, and multisampling was actually as easy as sampling the notes you want on your synth, then keygroups could be built very easily with a midi keyboard (mapping it with midi notes). The result is almost always perfect looping synth samples, it can very accurately emulate the oscillator of an analog synth, the sustain/loop just sometimes sounded a little "digital" nothing a little filtering can't hide. Every video I've seen of the Live/X shows bad loops, but this could be the fault of the user.

Anyway, this is one of the key features that makes me want this synth but I don't care about automation of sampling if it doesn't automatically loop well. I know the xfade loop is not as easy as JJOS as well so unless someone can assure me sampling synths/waveforms accurately is as easy as it seems, I'm wary. Can anyone, especially synth savvy people confirm this??? Thanks, I know this is a rather long winded post.