MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By tntmpc Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:05 am
Sup to all fella mpc owners

i've been sampling some instruments and synth patches
Resample L+R
looping off
note stride 1
lenght 5.6 seconds

all works great no issues but the sound is just dry its like all internal fx from the vsti are not recorded

anybody found a way to sample the real sound we hear ?

thx
By tntmpc Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 pm
thanks for your reply tutor

i dont really agree with you as the dry sounds even with some akai internal fx will never reach the magic we have on some patches or instruments

so i extended the tail but result is the same : dry

any idea on how to actually sample the real sound ?

maybe go out then in with the same cable and select input 1-2 instead of 1-2 resample ??

thanks
By SFTRAXx Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:18 am
I agree with Tutor on this one. Sample them dry then add to taste.

What I do is see what effects (and their levels) are being applied and then turn them off. Next autosample the sounds like that, then once they're a Keygroup add the effects and adjust the tail (release) to get it just right and save the new patch. :-D
By tntmpc Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:12 pm
to each is own preference but for me the goal is to have the sound from the plugin in the mpc

in autosampler the created program are like akai cd libraries from the 90s = very boring not inspiring sounds

so if anybody has a trick to obtain that wet result

thanks for your suggestion
By J.O.BEATS Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 am
It shouldn’t be dry. It’s sampling exactly what is playing through the input and what you hear.

If I sample some vinyl through the input it isn’t dry.....it doesn’t magically remove effects. That would be some voodoo magic shit

I think tutor is right in that you think it sounds dry because you are missing the tail
By Bezo Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:53 pm
tntmpc wrote:to each is own preference but for me the goal is to have the sound from the plugin in the mpc

in autosampler the created program are like akai cd libraries from the 90s = very boring not inspiring sounds

so if anybody has a trick to obtain that wet result

thanks for your suggestion
If you want that exact sound, immediately, sample it wet.

Personally, I'll be reusing my multi-samples and treating them differently each time. Heavy reverb this time, delay next time, arpeggiating in another tune, etc. Sampling wet would require a new multi-sample each time.
By Flux302 Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:31 am
certain FX can work in a multisample but most are best left to post.
sometimes you can get away with adding chorus or flanging to the multi sample but things like reverb and delays are pretty much always gonna need to be done at the program level. I would also note that the the internal MPC FX are not great... the phaser is particularly bad imho so you kinda have to play with the sounds to decide what is worth it and what isn't when going for stand alone use.
The other issue is that the MPC keygroup envelopes leave much to be desired. the fact that the attack is only exponential instead of a nice exponential curve makes it difficult to create smooth pads and the tails tend to be damn near on or off. I prefer to sample at least some of the attack of my source as opposed to leaving that all up to the mpc. I do like the gated reverbs a lot though