MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By r4nd0m Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm
had a call with them (quite long on hold before getting through in the uk - almost tempted to send an email which is: [email protected]) and it seems controller mode recording is broken at the moment ..

we did a factory reset, and now standalone works fine for me again ... will see - as most of the times I use the MPC anyway in standalone mode I am not that impacted ... but seems off that in controller mode on my MAC its not working ...

however, just saw this thread here https://getsatisfaction.com/akai_profes ... oller-mode which may explain this ...
By r4nd0m Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:15 am
Neuneu8 wrote:I have MPC Live, my phono and line inputs work fine in controller mode and in standalone.. But there was a factory malfunction(I wouldn’t have noticed if I hadn’t bought myself a turntable) that I got fixed recently.. left phono input was making loud noise.. now it’s perfect.

I wonder what you are running, are you on OSX 10.14.4 (Mojave) with MPC 2.5.0?

seems the OP and I are not the only ones with this https://getsatisfaction.com/akai_profes ... s-not-work

OK I did some further testing:
Standalone:
Setup: iPhone out adapter to cinch connected to cinch in on MPC Live
Switch sets to: Line
Input Volume: from low to max
Result: minimal meter reading - no sound

Standalone2:
Setup: iPhone out adapter to cinch connected to cinch in on MPC Live
Switch set to: Phono
Input Volume: quarter
Result: meter reading and sound

Standalone3:
Setup: iPhone out adapter to cinch, adapter to jack connected to 1/4 jack in on MPC Live
Switch sets to: Line
Input Volume: middle
Result: meter reading and sound

switching to controller mode:

OSX Audi/Midi: MPC Live Audio set for input/output

MPC 2.5:
Output: MPC Live Audio
Input MPC Live Audio

ControllerMode1:
Setup: iPhone out adapter to cinch, connected to cinch in on MPC Live
Switch sets to: Line / phono
Input Volume: low to max
Result: no meter reading and no sound

ControllerMode2:
Setup: iPhone out adapter to cinch, adapter to jack connected to 1/4 jack in on MPC Live
Switch sets to: Line / phono
Input Volume: low to max
Result: no meter reading and no sound

|I have tried 2 different MacBooks as well
By r4nd0m Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 am
well a bit more thinking and I found the issue - MPC doesnt request access to the microphone when started - so the device is blocked by the access restrictions within OSX.

If I run the MPC app via „Terminal"

# sudo /Applications/MPC.app/Contents/MacOS/MPC
"Terminal" will request access and I get access to everything and can record in controller mode

if I do it in my user environment:
# su -u username /Applications/MPC.app/Contents/MacOS/MPC
"Terminal" has already been authorised so this works

starting the MPC app via Finder however as its own instance doesnt request access to the resources and I am yet to find an option to have it make the request or to manually add it to the system preferences, Security & Privacy, Privacy, Microphone ...

Basically it doesnt perfom the request action as mentioned here https://www.akaipro.com/kb/akai-pro-mpc ... y-options/ which seems to be the reason why this no longer works

I already tried resetting the request system while other apps will request access again the MPC app doesnt ...

1) # tccutil reset Microphone

2) # rm -rf ~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC
logout, login again and Apps should ask for permissions again ...

I have sent a notification about this to their support but as I didnt get a response from them the last 3 times I emailed them I dont expect any difference this time - I think they didnt include the authorisation system correctly as the MPC app should validate/request access whenever this is required.