MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By HuGO Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:39 pm
Hey Guys,

Just some food for thought... My album entitled Hugo - Never Played Out (Tech house) was produced purely on the Akai MPC Live.

You can listen to it on SoundCloud for free... Released in the shops any day now

Thoughts guys?

I'd love to hear some feedback

Have a great holiday one and all

- Hugo
By Eyalc Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:22 am
HuGO wrote:Hey Guys,

Just some food for thought... My album entitled Hugo - Never Played Out (Tech house) was produced purely on the Akai MPC Live.

You can listen to it on SoundCloud for free... Released in the shops any day now

https://soundcloud.com/twosonthatrecord ... played-out

Thoughts guys?

I'd love to hear some feedback

Have a great holiday one and all

- Hugo

The sound is decent, but the music is too repetitive. Try introducing changes into the grooves more often. The first song for example, it keeps the same relative groove for over 2 minutes. Perhaps its just the genre, but the tech house that I listen to, the music changes more often to keep the listener’s attention.
By HuGO Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:36 am
Thanks for the feedback!

Ahhhhhhh, that's just one tune dude! Dig deeper, there's lots going on, but I will agree that particular tune does go on a bit :nod:
By HuGO Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:17 pm
Second album out! Once again, ALL done on the fabulous Akai MPC Live

:smoker:
By HuGO Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 pm
Check out our In The Studio With Friends videos showcasing the Akai MPC Live...

By HuGO Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:33 pm
Launching what will be my 3rd album Killer Ice Lollies // P1 100% produced using Akai MPC as were my previous albums. Techno/Tech House genres

Take a peek, might sway you in buying one... I think it's the greatest piece of kit I've ever used!

By HuGO Thu May 09, 2019 9:24 pm
Hey guys! Check out my fourth album made 100% only on MPC Live <3