MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Arhitek Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:11 pm
I have one MPC 2.3 software plugin routes as multi-output instrument into 4 tracks and than to “drum” bus, MPC live in controller mode, all that in Logic Pro X project with several more audio and MIDI tracks, with several UAD plugins.

While setting up a channel strip plugin for my drum bus I’ve noticed that UAD plugin meters are moving almost a second before I can hear the sound.
When I tried pressing MPC pads the sound was late also almost a second.
When playing the whole track, it’s going synced, but if I try to play MPC (or any other midi track) over the whole song I get sound with the same huge latency.
What’s interesting, if I’m recording the mic over the track, the recording is recorded with the right timing.
When I enabled low latency mode, the rest of MIDI tracks improved to barely noticeable latency, but MPC was still with the same 1 second delay.
Also, playback starts with a second delay, and stops with the same delay after the button press.
Even more interesting is that Logic Pro channel meters are synced with the sound!
And sometimes, when I press my keyboard keys to trigger a MPC pad sound, Logic meters move twice - once when I press the button, and then again when the sound is heard?!?

What could be the problem?
I’m confused. In other songs it’s ok, in new songs it’s ok, but with this one it would work right.
By Eyalc Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:59 pm
Arhitek wrote:I have one MPC 2.3 software plugin routes as multi-output instrument into 4 tracks and than to “drum” bus, MPC live in controller mode, all that in Logic Pro X project with several more audio and MIDI tracks, with several UAD plugins.

While setting up a channel strip plugin for my drum bus I’ve noticed that UAD plugin meters are moving almost a second before I can hear the sound.
When I tried pressing MPC pads the sound was late also almost a second.
When playing the whole track, it’s going synced, but if I try to play MPC (or any other midi track) over the whole song I get sound with the same huge latency.
What’s interesting, if I’m recording the mic over the track, the recording is recorded with the right timing.
When I enabled low latency mode, the rest of MIDI tracks improved to barely noticeable latency, but MPC was still with the same 1 second delay.
Also, playback starts with a second delay, and stops with the same delay after the button press.
Even more interesting is that Logic Pro channel meters are synced with the sound!
And sometimes, when I press my keyboard keys to trigger a MPC pad sound, Logic meters move twice - once when I press the button, and then again when the sound is heard?!?

What could be the problem?
I’m confused. In other songs it’s ok, in new songs it’s ok, but with this one it would work right.

First, the MPC plugin is terrible. Hasn’t worked well since MPC 1.1.

Second, in Logic, turn off any plugins on your main bus. When recording sometimes this must be done, if your buffer settings aren’t optimized.