MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By wavemartian Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:43 am
Hi All,

Just got my Live, very pleased, after a long association with akai products. I have noticed some strangeness in automation.

1/ Take an instrument program, is it true you can only automate one keygroup in one instance, when I try "All" and automate with the Q knobs nothing happens, but when i choose the single keygroup there is no problem. Yes write enabled.

2/ For example I automate as above the filter cutoff in a program to a single keygroup for 2 bars, all good, however I am getting pop noise (like vinyl on your disc) at the start of the loop.

3/ So when I delete the automation, the pop noise is still there!. What I have found that if you now save the project and then re-open the pop noise is gone.

4/ If you want to try it out I just used the Bass-Bass01 instrument in the internal instruments, automate a single keygroup with cutoff and see if you get the static noise.

Other than the above having much inspiration with this machine.