MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Fri May 17, 2019 10:30 pm
Danoc wrote:@Lampdog.
Yes sir. Yes when importing midi there isnt a sound. When you import you just drag and drop into a midi lane then add sound to the preferred midi channel/Lane. What's dope is you can change the tempo to your liking without any artifacts.

Started playing with midi 1992, I’m already knowing.

I never had midi headphones though, maybe I’m missing out.
By CharlesRandolph Fri May 17, 2019 11:34 pm
Danoc wrote:@CharlesRandolph
When l export it takes seconds :-) Not minutes. Yes l will mix and what not but it doesnt take long because of my experience and l love to do it. Does it sound good? You get what you put in.
And l can export with all that l ddid to a track, effects, fader movements etc or dry. I do dry to drag and drop into Reason. :-D

In your use case, that makes sense. I assume you do 98% of your work within your desktop. I work with in an hybrid system and so I 100% understand. I enjoy the entire work flow of the studio and I live in here. For me tracking is like see the brush strokes on a painting or seeing the grain in film.
By Danoc Sat May 18, 2019 1:30 am
:lol: lol see told ya. I love to export and do the midi like you did with the pianist. Its so easy. I do the midi thing a lot with chords.

99.9 % in my desk top PC lol the other 1% is on the MPC. Im ITB. I never thought l would love being ITB. I was hybrid also. But once l saw the benefits of being ITB l slowly transitioned.
CharlesRandolph wrote:@DANOC @LAMPDOG

I just had a session with Pianist, they played the full piece using a MIDI piano. They sent me the MIDI FILE and all I had to do was use quality piano sample sets. I love to do that! I send it back to them and they feel like they're playing in Carnegie Hall :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Sat May 18, 2019 5:19 am
Danoc wrote::lol: lol see told ya. I love to export and do the midi like you did with the pianist. Its so easy. I do the midi thing a lot with chords.

99.9 % in my desk top PC lol the other 1% is on the MPC. Im ITB. I never thought l would love being ITB. I was hybrid also. But once l saw the benefits of being ITB l slowly transitioned.

By the end of this year, I should be fully DANTE integrated. So all audio will be patched over ethernet and exported audio data will be pulled from the other network.

@lampdog Considering your IT background, have you looked into this?
https://www.audinate.com/resources/trai ... n-training
By Rose le cowboy Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm
@ Danoc

Thx. Due to your post, I tried again inividual tracks export. and it worked ! deliciously !

It also dramatically reduced the workflow's options. Song Mode becomes useless : it seems you have to "freeze" the chain of several sequence in the one only first sequence.

Here is a step by step guideline for mpc beginners like me, you had to,
1 - work with one only sequence
2- adjust individual volume quite under the clipping zone (tracks AND pads)
2 - explode midi drum tracks
3 - export audio with "explode tracks" and " export returns" both checked (you never now, some effects here and there have to be taken in account: kits pads fx etc.)
4 - import in your favourite DAW (i.e from usb stick or sd card)

BAM!

Danoc wrote:I don't know if you can send midi tracks out while playing live out through tracking. I could be wrong. You have to set that up inside the MPC. And being midi is not audio it won't go out. Again I could be wrong, if someone can correct me that would be cool on your part.

You said exporting is ****? :hmmm: Artifacts? Desynchronized? :hmmm: I never experienced that. Bugs, ok, but I haven't experienced bugs either. Some have. Exporting has been a blessing. If you experienced crazy stuff while exporting, it's not the exporting, you probably have a bug or you're not exporting properly. :smoker:

Rose le cowboy wrote:Hi Tutor,

By midi tracks in this topic I mean midi tracks playing internal synth or kit.

Did you figure out how to route this kind of midi tracks playing internal audio sources (I don't mean routing the programms!) to one of the 32 out or the mpc plugin in controler mode ?

Hope you did. Such a pity to have spend 1999 bucks in order to record live the 6 outputs because the export function is c.r.a.p. (desynchronized individual tracks, audio artefacts, unpredictible bugs...).
By CharlesRandolph Sat May 18, 2019 3:40 pm
Rose le cowboy wrote:@ Danoc

Thx. Due to your post, I tried again inividual tracks export. and it worked ! deliciously !

It also dramatically reduced the workflow's options. Song Mode becomes useless : it seems you have to "freeze" the chain of several sequence in the one only first sequence.

Go to Song Mode and convert the song into a sequence, then explode the track, then export the stems.
By Danoc Sat May 18, 2019 9:29 pm
that sounds dope. So if you have 100 tracks you export all 100 tracks?

@Rose Cowboy glad to hear you like it. Another step you can do before you export is change bit rate and resolution.
Also l never have to freeze amything. In my sequence l record on a single track , once lm done l explode that 1st track. My tracks then start from the second track on down, the first track will become mute. Then l start my export to go to my USB stick
Peace

CharlesRandolph wrote:
By the end of this year, I should be fully DANTE integrated. So all audio will be patched over ethernet and exported audio data will be pulled from the other network.

@lampdog Considering your IT background, have you looked into this?
https://www.audinate.com/resources/trai ... n-training
By CharlesRandolph Sun May 19, 2019 12:56 am
Danoc wrote:that sounds dope. So if you have 100 tracks you export all 100 tracks?

No, but I could track as many instruments that's in the network. Without having to physically re-patch.
By Danoc Sun May 19, 2019 1:35 am
Is that like a patch bay?

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:that sounds dope. So if you have 100 tracks you export all 100 tracks?

No, but I could track as many instruments that's in the network. Without having to physically re-patch.
By CharlesRandolph Sun May 19, 2019 4:14 am
Danoc wrote:Is that like a patch bay?

Yes, there is discussion on pushing MIDI and transferring files over Dante as well. With Dante Via software, you can route any audio that plays on your computer into you DAW. They also just added Dante AV which is Video over IP. :smoker: This will be the Future and the new production pieces need to incorporate it.
By Danoc Sun May 19, 2019 6:23 am
Ok, sweet :smoker:

CharlesRandolph wrote:Yes, there is discussion on pushing MIDI and transferring files over Dante as well. With Dante Via software, you can route any audio that plays on your computer into you DAW. They also just added Dante AV which is Video over IP. :smoker: This will be the Future and the new production pieces need to incorporate it.