MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed May 15, 2019 8:06 pm
I export midi tracks all the time. I love exporting stems from standalone. Its really easy. If l have 15 tracks on track one l explode them to have their own tracks. Then l go to the exporting page and l export out. I set it to 24bit and choose explode again. Make a folder on my usb stick and put it in my desk top PC open my DAW , drag and drop into Reason and go!

Rose le cowboy wrote:Hi,

Recording live 32 out through the software sounds really nice.
I have succeded with audio tracks
but failed with midi tracks.
It seems 32 out routing only works with programms instead or exploded midi tracks (for individual drum kit pad sounds by example).
Any help?
Regards
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 pm
Danoc wrote:I export midi tracks all the time. I love exporting stems from standalone. Its really easy. If l have 15 tracks on track one l explode them to have their own tracks. Then l go to the exporting page and l export out. I set it to 24bit and choose explode again. Make a folder on my usb stick and put it in my desk top PC open my DAW , drag and drop into Reason and go!

Is there a reason you don't transfer files via controller mode?
By Danoc Wed May 15, 2019 10:56 pm
Just to do drums? That's to much. Open up the lappy connect the MPC. ... I absolutely don't need controller mode. Im fine in standalone mode. That was my main reason to buy the Live.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:I export midi tracks all the time. I love exporting stems from standalone. Its really easy. If l have 15 tracks on track one l explode them to have their own tracks. Then l go to the exporting page and l export out. I set it to 24bit and choose explode again. Make a folder on my usb stick and put it in my desk top PC open my DAW , drag and drop into Reason and go!

Is there a reason you don't transfer files via controller mode?
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 15, 2019 11:01 pm
In controller mode doesn't the laptop see the MPC's external hard drives and usb keys? So depending on how far away your computer is from your MPC LIVE. You could connect a usb cable to your computer and mpc, while in standalone. So when you want to transfer files, just go into controller mode.

This way you don't wear out the USB ports, by taking the usb key in and out, after exporting your tracks. It also helps with stopping USB keys from getting corrupted.
By Eyalc Wed May 15, 2019 11:58 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:In controller mode doesn't the laptop see the MPC's external hard drives and usb keys? So depending on how far away your computer is from your MPC LIVE. You could connect a usb cable to your computer and mpc, while in standalone. So when you want to transfer files, just go into controller mode.

That’s the only time I use controller mode - to transfer files. I’ve never actually used the MPC in controller mode for anything else. But like you said, if too far from the computer, gotta use USB sticks.
By CharlesRandolph Thu May 16, 2019 12:21 am
Eyalc wrote:That’s the only time I use controller mode - to transfer files. I’ve never actually used the MPC in controller mode for anything else. But like you said, if too far from the computer, gotta use USB sticks.

Yes anything over 9 feet is bad news, unless we use an usb repeater. This is why they should've had an Ethernet port. :WTF: Have you ever tried to connect a mass storage device, to your MPC in stand alone and to the computer?
By Danoc Thu May 16, 2019 5:32 am
For me it makes no sense because l will still take out the usb from the laptop to put in my main computer. I never experienced usb port quiting on me from anything.

CharlesRandolph wrote:In controller mode doesn't the laptop see the MPC's external hard drives and usb keys? So depending on how far away your computer is from your MPC LIVE. You could connect a usb cable to your computer and mpc, while in standalone. So when you want to transfer files, just go into controller mode.

This way you don't wear out the USB ports, by taking the usb key in and out, after exporting your tracks. It also helps with stopping USB keys from getting corrupted.
By Caustic Yoda Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 am
The only way i export tracks is live in real time with each pad going to one of the 32 outputs rea-routed directly to my daw, no broken song mode, no suprises, what you hear is what you get, can record when the sequencer is stopped for finger drumming, tempo changes, all the fun stuff, if on mac you will need sound flower for this
By CharlesRandolph Thu May 16, 2019 8:13 am
Danoc wrote:For me it makes no sense because l will still take out the usb from the laptop to put in my main computer. I never experienced usb port quiting on me from anything.

I understand. I've seen many people who break their USB ports while in transit. Mainly I've seen many lose music from corrupted USB keys, SD and CF cards when transferring. My entire studio is networked together. I can pull audio from any computer or hard drive. Made my life so much easier. Export or import stems from anywhere.
By Danoc Thu May 16, 2019 8:24 am
That's why l back things up. But lm only making drum patterns. I don't do entire songs in my Live. I use to on the 2000XL. I use Gorilla232gb USB stick. They are very reliable. But its all good

CharlesRandolph wrote:
I understand. I've seen many people who break their USB ports while in transit. Mainly I've seen many lose music from corrupted USB keys, SD and CF cards when transferring. My entire studio is networked together. I can pull audio from any computer or hard drive. Made my life so much easier. Export or import stems from anywhere.
By CharlesRandolph Thu May 16, 2019 8:32 am
Caustic Yoda wrote:The only way i export tracks is live in real time with each pad going to one of the 32 outputs rea-routed directly to my daw, no broken song mode, no suprises, what you hear is what you get, can record when the sequencer is stopped for finger drumming, tempo changes, all the fun stuff, if on mac you will need sound flower for this

Then you are tracking, not exporting. :lol: Right now I'm researching 16 to 24 input digital snake with Dante out. I just want 1 cable for these two MPC 4000's.
By CharlesRandolph Thu May 16, 2019 8:38 am
Danoc wrote:That's why l back things up. But lm only making drum patterns. I don't do entire songs in my Live. I use to on the 2000XL. I use Gorilla232gb USB stick. They are very reliable. But its all good

Yeah Drum Patterns do not take up much space. It's a shame you can't transfer the files via SPLICE FI. Excuse me, I mean via WIFI. :lol:
By Danoc Thu May 16, 2019 4:33 pm
:lol: :lol: I was like "He's actually tracking" LOL Which I hate LOL I love exporting. No noise floor, you export what you put in. Plus it's waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster! I can never go back to tracking out. :vomit: But I understand those that are Live and want to capture the moment.
But the Live saved my life, when I found out it did basically the things I do in Reason I was happier than a fart being released from a booty hole LOL hahahaha CTFU :lol: :lol: :lol: :smoker:

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Then you are tracking, not exporting. :lol: Right now I'm researching 16 to 24 input digital snake with Dante out. I just want 1 cable for these two MPC 4000's.
Bymember04959388 Thu May 16, 2019 4:59 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Caustic Yoda wrote:The only way i export tracks is live in real time with each pad going to one of the 32 outputs rea-routed directly to my daw, no broken song mode, no suprises, what you hear is what you get, can record when the sequencer is stopped for finger drumming, tempo changes, all the fun stuff, if on mac you will need sound flower for this

Yeah tracking out is better then exporting at the moment on Mpc standalone.
Do you think there is really a way to track out more then 6 outputs on Live?

Do
By CharlesRandolph Thu May 16, 2019 7:23 pm
Frisbi wrote:Yeah tracking out is better then exporting at the moment on Mpc standalone.
Do you think there is really a way to track out more then 6 outputs on Live?

Do

Buy two of them. I track out 16 at time with two MPC 4000, all at once because I do tempo changes, I don't want my swing to change, plus I can hit some outboard gear while going it. Inside the MPC 4000 I set everything at unity 0 and mix everything on my boards.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.