MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:54 pm
Not sure if he posts here, so from a post over at Gearslutz by Dan G., Product Manager, Akai Professional
Hi all,

so a quick update. There's been a lot of debate about clip launch programs, and what happens when you change tracks. Right now, clip programs are forced to abide by the same rules as a Drum Program or any other. If the tracks change, the notes ring to the end and stop. This is by design, but it's clear that what we designed wasn't what people wanted. This will be changing in 2.4.

Coming in 2.4, we'll be allowing clips played on a track to continue looping when the track is changed. notes that are played live will do the pulsating yellow color like they do now. When you hit record, the pads will record. Recorded pads will behave like normal pad note ons. Make sure your pad colors are set to "Dim>velocity" to take full advantage of that.

up to 16 clip programs can be used at the same time. Clips can be triggered, and they will continue playing when tracks are changed. Clips will stop when the sequence changes.

thanks for your feedback, guys! we're listening.
By xparis001 Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:01 pm
maaaan. I was just coming in here to post this, and i got scooped! :lol:
By Bezo Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:41 pm
xparis001 wrote:maaaan. I was just coming in here to post this, and i got scooped! :lol:
My bad, Dan. I didn't realize you posted here. I'm horrible at noting user names on forums.

Maybe Tutor can delete this thread so you can post the Official announcement.
Bymember04959388 Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:40 pm
Oh yeah.
Here we go!
By NearTao Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:56 pm
Is this the thread where all the people who were excited about the synths in 2.3 are going to come in and complain they don't want care about clip features? :)

Sounds interesting, and maybe I'll check clips out again. Thanks for the heads up!
By SupremeSoulstice Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:38 pm
NearTao wrote:Is this the thread where all the people who were excited about the synths in 2.3 are going to come in and complain they don't want care about clip features? :)

Sounds interesting, and maybe I'll check clips out again. Thanks for the heads up!

:popcorn: ...
:lol: :lol:

Let's hope not.
By zangetsu01 Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:19 am
xparis001 wrote:maaaan. I was just coming in here to post this, and i got scooped! :lol:

Hi Dan I'm glad that Akai is hearing us. But is there also a some sight on automation lanes from the hardware?
By Mr36 Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:54 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:A Xmas 2.3.1 to fix the new XYFX bugs?

Based on another of Dan's responses in the GS thread, they're going straight to 2.4.