MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JJG Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:12 am
So every time I use the filter cutoff it always starts at 127 when I play back my track instead of the number I put it on before
How do I fix this problem?! :o
By 40Beatz Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm
I 2nd That!
By JJG Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:16 pm
That’s kinda annoying lol but thanks
By wavejockey Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:30 am
list editor is the way indeed but
when i hit record and change a value (e.g. air FX pitch shift) then on the 1 (001:01:00) there is a value [0] inserted, even if i didn't touch any of the (X) Q links at that moment
my other movements are recorded fine, but there is some initialization going on - why?
feels kinda buggy
like the list editor anyway ; it is an improvement over the list editor in the MPC4000
(but can be much improved)
By DeaDeus Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 am
tiger001 wrote:list editor is the way indeed but
when i hit record and change a value (e.g. air FX pitch shift) then on the 1 (001:01:00) there is a value [0] inserted, even if i didn't touch any of the (X) Q links at that moment
my other movements are recorded fine, but there is some initialization going on - why?
feels kinda buggy
like the list editor anyway ; it is an improvement over the list editor in the MPC4000
(but can be much improved)

Yep - one of the drawbacks.... I hate to say so, but my "old" RS7000 recorded all start values and all movements by default. Editing the automation listing in the Yamaha was only required if something went "wrong" during changing parameters.
With the MPCX I need to tweak recordings almost every time. It has now become a standard procedure... silly.
Same for the new instruments from 2.3: Why do I need to save the default instrument under a new name if I tweak settings?! The recorded changed parameters should be part of the sequence, track, or program - by default. All this is just another task, which could be removed. Experienced users will be happy not to do administrative jobs like this and only interact for corrections.

Please correct me if I missed something :-)
By 40Beatz Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:28 pm
DeaDeus wrote:Same for the new instruments from 2.3: Why do I need to save the default instrument under a new name if I tweak settings?! The recorded changed parameters should be part of the sequence, track, or program - by default. All this is just another task, which could be removed. Experienced users will be happy not to do administrative jobs like this and only interact for corrections.

Please correct me if I missed something :-)

Your Instrument Settings go back to Default after Saving and Reloading a Project? Ive never experienced that
By Lampdog Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:10 pm
Maybe you guys are on diff OS vers and don't experience the same things?!?