MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cclong Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:47 am
So let’s say I want to use the computer to prepare samples or kits for the MPC live with loop points and everything like that... which file format should I use? Which file extensions contain what data? What is the most information dense extension?

Thanks everyone
By NearTao Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:17 am
Cclong wrote:So let’s say I want to use the computer to prepare samples or kits for the MPC live with loop points and everything like that... which file format should I use? Which file extensions contain what data? What is the most information dense extension?

Thanks everyone

Maybe I am missing something, but why not just use the MPC Software and save your programs in a directory structure? You can use the MPC Expansion Builder to package them up a bit nicer, but there is no real reason to do this.
By Cclong Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:21 am
Basically so I could make things and not have to worry about loop points every time i load a sample , and to be able to use the computer system to organize things on the fly. It would also help me to understand how to exploit the extension and get unintended functionality from it (which i find inspiring )
Bymember04959388 Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:56 am
I make it with Adobe Audition and export wav 48khz 24bit.
I also try to export them at right bpm so I dont have to use warp on Mpc
By Cclong Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:00 am
I cant work that way because so much of my process is manipulating the material itsef. It is way fun for me to never worry about tempo, and use creativity to get the sounds i want . I never look at tempo when importing things, just listen to the sound and hear if theres anything that could sound good. If its in a diff tempo i use fine tuning and the metrnome to change it until it fits. This way you can do diff time sigs and get the most creative range out of every sound.

Anyways , i would like to find the file format that contains the loop points and stuff not the bpm (which is info i dont have any use for)