MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Eyalc Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:26 am
Someone asked for this a year ago on the Akai forum. They were told it doesn’t exist, and to make a request for it. Don’t know how many people requested it, but doesn’t look like enough to have made it happen. Maybe this is something Tutor could research and add to his manual? Would be another selling point for the manual I assume. Don’t know if it’d be worth the time investment though.
By Elektrobolt Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:15 pm
Since MIDI is barely implemented, there is even less reason to have a chart.

In order to be classified as standalone and a studio centerpiece, I would think a traditional MIDI chart should have almost all option checked as implemented. Today, I think it would be difficult to check much of anything. I mean, channels are pretty much non-existing, and that's a pretty basic MIDI concept.

However, last I read from Akai, was that the core or underlying layers are now in place and the upper layers can be put in place, and hopefully we will soon be checking things off that chart. :)
By dopeNL Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:12 pm
Hello fellow MPC'ers

Goodness. Is it still a fact that there is no MIDI Implementation chart for the MPC's>>

WTF Someone stated it was not necessary, however, there is very little information in the MPC User manual and nothing else online.
Someone suggested contacting AKAI Direct! LOL However that would be like trying to get blood out of a cactus.

It would be nice to know the MIDI limitations and advanced CC capability.
What are the actual MIDI limitations on NOTEs,
What is actually the max Polliphoney, As I have had users mentioning Note dropping, other midi channels interfering with played notes, over two MIDI channels, and Notes being canceled out when playing with two keyboards. Surely they should be a MIDI Chart. OK, I get it it's not a dedicated MDI keyboard or SYNTH, However, even my older S3000xl and S5000 Have an implementation chart! And there are simply dedicated samplers with NO real MIDI seqancer.

As for the MIDI Bible guy, Most of the information is simply elaborated AKAI User Manuel stuff. with some salt & Pepper added. So don't see them doing any charts, as there is no definitive information out there.
Also, seam like since AKAI PRO was sold to a third-party company (INMUSIC). It's all about profitability and the MPC does not even come with a printed user manuel. CHEEP As chips PDFs, are simply stupid digital documents.

COMMON AKAI get your A$$ in gear all ready!
By algx Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:40 am
V2.8 make the MPC the centerpiece of your midi setup!, but without any midi implementation chart, oh and by the way no control by program change, no transmission of external program change. Enjoy the list editor it's a fun way to control external instruments live, no really it is!
MIDI was ratified in the 1980's for good reason, it's about time Akai had a good look.
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:58 am
Wouldn't a MIDI implementation chart be different for each plugin and program? How does it help to know that CC message X is read and processed by the MPC, but only in the sense that it routes the message to a plugin, say Hype. And then Hype doesn't react to the message.

The MIDI Monitor displays pretty much everything, doesn't it? So mark everything as at least "received" in the chart... ? :)
By wavejockey Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:23 am
have you ever studied a MIDI implementation chart ?

it's not dependent on plugin or sound, it just deals with all the MIDI messages, be that received or transmitted, be that CC or system or note
-a good chart also lists what is and what isn't assigned (numbers etc)
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:08 am
Everything displayed by the MIDI Monitor is clearly at least received/recognized by the MPC, and would be marked as such in the implementation chart. Right? But how will that information be useful to you? Wouldn't you like to know the same separately for each plugin and program type? What messages do drum programs respond to? How about keygroups? Hype? Tubesynth?
By kazakore Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:02 pm
Not sure exactly what you expect them to include, I guess it would be nice for a single paragrapth to explain what is and isn't support (full support of MIDI Note and CC messages, outgoing PC only support, MMC support, MTC and MIDI Clock support, probably a couple of other notes.) But when every single hardware or menu option is available to be mapped by you via MIDI Control > Hardware and every single piece of the software, including parameters of plugins and insert effects via MIDI Control > MIDI Learn I'm not sure exactly what you're expecting to be in this list....
By wavejockey Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:28 am
i can send many MIDI messages to my MPC that show in the MIDI monitor but don't do shxxt, so those message/types should be listed in the MIDI implementation chart as 'ignored'
some manufacturers list for every type of program (multi, programs, ...) what messages do what/ need to be send
some MIDI messages are also tied to certain parameters, these could be listed in the chart too