MPC X & MPC Live Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X & MPC Live, Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Unreallystic Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:37 pm
So I've been using an old pair of Seinhessiers for my MPC Live when traveling, they are sizable, have a LONG ass cable, and frankly do a terrible job of fitting into the laptop style bag that I keep the MPC Live in (but I already owned them and they weren't doing anything). Well because of recent home studio upgrades and changes in setup, those headphones will be getting divorced from my MPC Live to be a stay at studio pair, so I'm doing the Tinder thing for headphones. I figured of all places you guys would understand the want of smaller headphones with accuracy for keeping primarily with the MPC Live, so are there any recommendations? I'm not overly concerned about cost at the moment, I don't want to do anything (stupid), but I'm not going to use that as the qualifying factor this early on in the selection process.
-Unreall
By justineastwick Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:53 am
I have a pair of ATH-M40x headphones that I got and I think that they’re the only pair of headphones that I’ll use from now on... They’re tuned flat and I can hear everything with them.
By Unreallystic Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:11 pm
Damn that's alot of ATX-M Series cosigns. Price point seems great too, can't complain at sub $200 levels., and they fold up. Thanks, I'll do some more research on those models!
-Unreall
User avatar
By Lampdog Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:34 pm
They are a good flat headphone. Consider ATH M series.

I’ve plugged them directly into each of my machines and made beats strictly in that 1 box. Afterwards I’d play the diff beats back on home theater system, car system and they all sound exactly like I wanted. Before these I used Sony MDVR’s. I’m glad I switched.
By JVC Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:58 pm
Lampdog wrote:
...
Before these I used Sony MDVR’s. I’m glad I switched.

I think you are referring to SONY MDR-V6 headphones. I own it and I've been using it for years. No complains.
I'm just curious why you moved to Audio technica ATH-M50 and you like it better. (I haven't used ATH-M50.)
By JVC Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:24 pm
Lampdog wrote:Let us know what you think after you get 'em.

Well, I'm happy with my SONY V6, so I don't know when that will happen...
User avatar
By Bezo Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:28 pm
justineastwick wrote:I have a pair of ATH-M40x headphones that I got and I think that they’re the only pair of headphones that I’ll use from now on... They’re tuned flat and I can hear everything with them.
I've heard the 40x are flatter than the 50x, and I think that's the only thing I miss about my Sony MDR-7506.
By JVC Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:32 pm
JVC wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Let us know what you think after you get 'em.

Well, I'm happy with my SONY V6, so I don't know when that will happen...

Oh by the way Lamp, if you had Sony MDR-V600 DJ headphone, then I can say that MDR-V600 was not good to me. It was just loud and boomy, and it can hurt your eardums. I don't miss it.
I like Sony MDR-V6 though. (Earpads should be upgraded upon purchase!)
User avatar
By Danoc Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:26 pm
I use he Sennheiser 600 HD , they give great flat response and l use them for mixing. You can use the for long periods of time.
I also have the Ath MX50 for the great bass they have.
User avatar
By Lampdog Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:31 pm
JVC wrote:Oh by the way Lamp, if you had Sony MDR-V600 DJ headphone, then I can say that MDR-V600 was not good to me. It was just loud and boomy, and it can hurt your eardums. I don't miss it.
I like Sony MDR-V6 though. (Earpads should be upgraded upon purchase!)

It was a long while back but I remember it was not the dj ones. The cans were a little too bright and hurt my ears so I had to let them go.

I was telling op to reply back with a review. I thought I had quoted his post.