MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mpcwannabe Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:38 pm
Hi gentlemen,
i am having hard time to decide if buy an mpc live or not.
I need a stand alone device to record my ideas with my guitars and synth (audio).
For that reason i'm more on mpc live side rather than the octatrack magic mojo box.
My question: i saw hundreds videos and articles about how responsive are the pads. But because the mpc live/x haven't dedicated hardware as octatrack how is it behavior on a full loaded project with eight audio tracks, plugins and several programs? Any clue of latency or slow down under 100% cpu resource utilization?

Thanks
By NearTao Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:22 pm
The MPC Live/X can work standalone, so they don't need a computer. I'm not sure what you mean that it doesn't have dedicated hardware like the Octatrack. It is true that the MPC doesn't operate the same as an Octatrack, and the MPC does lack audio streaming from disk, but you can certainly record audio samples and trigger them in a track to record guitar, vocal, or other takes.
By mpcwannabe Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:34 pm
Thanks NearTao.
Yes, i mean in stand alone mode.
I work with daw so i know that adding more and more tracks or vsti brings less system 'responsiveness' or the need to increase the buffer size.
I'll try to make my question clearer: all reviews said that mpc pads have no latency.. So i hit the pad and the sound is played with zero lag. Is that true also with a full project with effects,eight audio tracks and a some midi tracks (with however cpu under 100%)?
Or the mpc remain stable and consistent in its behavior as, for example, an octatrack?

Thanks