MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Elektrobolt Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:48 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Elektrobolt wrote:There is MIDI over BT (bluetooth), WiFi and USB3. Strangely enough they only allow inputs for all of them, so you are left with only the 4 MIDI Output Ports for MIDI data (on the X). Again, to be standalone, sure I'll buy that, but a studio centerpiece needs more. So what I'd like to see is them adding USB3-MIDI Output Ports, so that a class compliant USB3 MIDI interface could be used with the MPC. THAT would rock.

If they did this, why stop there? Allow the ability to connect a USB3 Audio Interface for additional Audio Inputs/Outputs.

While I obviously cannot and don't want to disagree with the concept you propose, I do not know that they use P&P for audio. I know for a fact that my USB3 MIDI interface is loaded by the system, but that the UI does not have any way to manage its resources. I can use all MIDI Inputs on the interface, but only for the current track, just like the 2 built-in MIDI ports. The outputs are inaccessible in the UI.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:29 pm
Elektrobolt wrote:While I obviously cannot and don't want to disagree with the concept you propose, I do not know that they use P&P for audio. I know for a fact that my USB3 MIDI interface is loaded by the system, but that the UI does not have any way to manage its resources. I can use all MIDI Inputs on the interface, but only for the current track, just like the 2 built-in MIDI ports. The outputs are inaccessible in the UI.

It would be a nice thing to add. Similar to additional audio card, but instead we could use off the shelf audio interfaces to expand the system. Like you P&P is needed and/or driver support for the device.
By Quickstrike2.0 Sat May 16, 2020 4:28 pm
It is now the year 2020

1. Portamento/glide/slide
MIDI/audio should be one F1 key. 1 click of F1 switches to audio. Click of F1 again switches back to midi. Instead of using two buttons to do the same thing.

2. Auto select: When picking plugins sounds there is no Auto select like on Renaissance GUI.

3. MPCx (center button) select: Have it to behave like the Renaissance window key. One can shortcut quick edits.
Three finger scroll left right, up and down.

4. Load recent : add a load recent tab inside of standalone mode once a product has been loaded to quickly return to previous project.

5. Mpcx cursor movement: cursor does not flow through the entire TUI properly like traditional MPC/Renaissance. As of now it goes up and down in randomly directions.

6. Option to use mouse in standalone gui.

7. Browser: add a copy, paste function to shift menu.

8. Browser: Optional waveform inspector. that can show/hide on left hand side. "Good for viewing long samples to see their content and decide if one wants to load or not"
9. Song mode needs explode tracks. "This future was in previous versions of 1.x mpc software"

10. Option to erase all tracks.... Erase all tracks...erase all tracks.... Plz

11. Main button should close and return to main veiw On all sceens of controller and standalone gui.

12. Main button. Option to show/hide effects and mixer settings from main view by clicking main button once.

13. Qlink MIDI: Option to change midi track level volume using a qlink

14. Real-time export to capture the audio of hardware multiple hardware devices on mixdown.

15. Custom hardware buttons. The ability to change the function of a harbor button. Like for the NPCs pad performance is a physical button but there is no time correct but. I would change that to time correct
By tntmpc Sun May 17, 2020 1:18 am
STANDALONE OR NOT
FEATURE REQUEST OR COMPLAINTS
Here are a few of mine

** moving tracks around ... its such a pain to rearrange track order for the track pad mute workflow...
we must copy track to an empty track then clear original track then recopy another track to what is now empty spot... REPEAT many times untill u like what u see...wdf...2020 :Sigh: :vomit:

** recording XYFXZ in a sequence ... those live FX are such a great feature... but only to toy around for playing on social media or for live peformance ?? cant use that in a actual song without the resampling workaround :Sigh: :WTF: maybe in 3.0 :popcorn:

** export all midi tracks to daw from plug in (not one by one)

** VST3 support ? before VST4 exist maybe :roll:

** more than 4 plugin paths

** allow us to choose AKAI expansions installation path...other than on C + path selection option for them ? (DIRLINKER workaround on windows is great for that) and i think OSX and internal feature for this but cmon...

** on the akai expansions topic STANDALONE + PC...why do we have waste SSD space both on internal SSD for STANDALONE + in the PC C:/ SSD for CONTROLER MODE ....FOR THE SAME SOUNDS ??? :hmmm:

**expression controller pedal support ? not sure its not implemented yet didnt waste too much time looking for it... somebody let me know if it is thx :)

i dont understand how these people make such great machines with such bad logic on some topics...

ok ok the complaining stop here :mrgreen:

oh as for AKAI reading the feature request from software or this forum good luck... i have a friend waiting 2 months to get 1 of his ilok licence reset because he had to return his mobo...

thank god we have 2:)
By Danoc Sun May 17, 2020 6:06 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yo CharlesRandolph who does that sound like :shock: :popcorn: and you better get it right lol

CharlesRandolph wrote:
QuickStrike wrote:
Only problem is I don't connect my music computer to the internet :Sigh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Danoc Sun May 17, 2020 6:10 am
Wpuld it be dope for you to be able to use a mouse in standalone so you can move around midi?

tntmpc wrote:STANDALONE OR NOT
FEATURE REQUEST OR COMPLAINTS
Here are a few of mine

** moving tracks around ... its such a pain to rearrange track order for the track pad mute workflow...
we must copy .....
By Danoc Sun May 17, 2020 9:53 pm
tntmpc wrote:yes its definatly more precise than a big ass finger for selecting multiple notes in the middle of many

True. I requested that and Akai didn't implement it. So...
You're right.

Trying to copy and paste with a finger is a horrid nightmare
By Lampdog Mon May 18, 2020 1:25 am
tntmpc wrote:yes its definatly more precise than a big ass finger for selecting multiple notes in the middle of many

By Danoc Mon May 18, 2020 1:31 am
Lampdog wrote:

Dam those are nice. They don't do it either l have two. But he can try. Id rather the mouse.