MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By eltho Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:53 pm
Hi all,

I have my Boss RC505 looper synced to my MPC and everything worked fine until the last couple of days: I have a sort of jitter: the vocals I record on the 505 seem to be cut up into smaller pieces, as if it is constantly timestretching / adjusting to the incoming midi clock... When I disconnect the midi cable and play it independently, it sound fluently again. Anybody got any idea? Maybe the latest 2.3 software of the MPC?

Setting: sending midi clock on Midi out A. Tested with only the 505 connected, no other midi intruments

Thanks for any ideas
By CharlesRandolph Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:09 pm
eltho wrote:Hi all,

I have my Boss RC505 looper synced to my MPC and everything worked fine until the last couple of days: I have a sort of jitter: the vocals I record on the 505 seem to be cut up into smaller pieces, as if it is constantly timestretching / adjusting to the incoming midi clock... When I disconnect the midi cable and play it independently, it sound fluently again. Anybody got any idea? Maybe the latest 2.3 software of the MPC?

Setting: sending midi clock on Midi out A. Tested with only the 505 connected, no other midi intruments
Thanks for any ideas

On the Boss RC 505 turn off the Tempo Sync. Just make sure that the 505 and Live have the same tempo. :nod:
By eltho Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:41 pm
Thanks for the quick answer and yes that seems like a good plan!

But then I have to manually change the bpm on the 505 for every song? That's a bit of a bummer...
Because I can't have the MPC change the preset number, right?
By CharlesRandolph Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:28 pm
eltho wrote:Thanks for the quick answer and yes that seems like a good plan!

But then I have to manually change the bpm on the 505 for every song? That's a bit of a bummer...
Because I can't have the MPC change the preset number, right?

Not sure about the preset number. Someone brought a 505 by for a session. That Tempo Sync was the issue during that session. I believe it's a Roland issue, those things only like be the master or play with other Roland boxes.