MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By clunk1976 Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:41 am
Hi folks, have any of you good people experienced memory warnings after installing 2.3 firmware? I use my MPC Live for gigs and find that after loading about 10 songs in I start to see the memory warning. This never used to happen. Do you think there are memory leak issues with the new firmware?
By Gazzaj79 Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 am
I’m new to MPC Live ( having only had it a couple of days) but I got a memory warning on the only project I’ve created so far. Could it be to do with the size of the project that is currently open and the operating memory struggling?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:32 am
clunk1976 wrote:Hi folks, have any of you good people experienced memory warnings after installing 2.3 firmware? I use my MPC Live for gigs and find that after loading about 10 songs in I start to see the memory warning. This never used to happen. Do you think there are memory leak issues with the new firmware?

Memory leak is possible. Also I suspect the new firmware most likely just uses up more memory, I haven't tested it yet.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:34 am
Gazzaj79 wrote:I’m new to MPC Live ( having only had it a couple of days) but I got a memory warning on the only project I’ve created so far. Could it be to do with the size of the project that is currently open and the operating memory struggling?

Please start a separate topic rather than bolting on to someone else's topic. Your issue is probably due to you loading too much audio into memory, but without any details of what you've loaded in (i.e. file sizes, bit rate of audio etc) we can't really help any further - but please post this in your own separate topic. Also see this for more info on available memory: https://www.mpc-tutor.com/how-much-memo ... ive-mpc-x/
Bymember04959388 Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:09 pm
I think that added features, especially synths, make the OS a bit heavier and takes memory space from Ram.
The advertised 2gb of Live is used by OS and Ram, so I guess more memory for OS means less for Ram.